Discussion topic: External IP range

This message was authored by Darknation This message was authored by: Darknation

External IP range

Hello,

I know you can only get a static IP on a business account but is there a standard set of IP ranges for domestic accounts?

I need to be whitelisted for work and wondered what the possible range of external IP addresses is?

Best Answers
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

Re: External IP range

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Darknation 

They have various dynamic ranges. Too many to whitelist

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

@Darknation 

They have various dynamic ranges. Too many to whitelist

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Darknation 

I think the appropriate resource would be the RIPE database but as @jamesn123 indicates, netblock ownership is a dynamic environment and any hard-coded whitelist would be likely to go out of date.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Darknation
Topic Author
This message was authored by Darknation This message was authored by: Darknation

Ok thanks for the info. Will have to look at other solutions then.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Darknation 

Given that domestic ISPs haven't offered fixed IP addresses to subscribers for many years (if ever) and will have huge and varied netblocks, whitelisting is really not a good idea anyway.  If your business allowed all allocated Sky addresses those would create some six million potential points of entry....

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion