Discussion topic: Spotify knocks out internet connection

This message was authored by RMD57 This message was authored by: RMD57

Spotify knocks out internet connection

Occasionally, I find that when I turn on the Spotify app on my iPad, I lose internet connection. The router reboots, and connection is restored. All is fine (for non Spotify uses) but as soon as I use the Spotify app again, the problem repeats. I'm sitting next to the router when it happens.

I experienced  a similar problem when accessing Spotify from my laptop, but cured that by connecting to the router using a cable.

It doesn't often happen, just now and again. The router is an old O2 box II as I was with them when Sky took their accounts over.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Spotify knocks out internet connection

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RMD57 

First things first you should get that router replaced. Its no longer current and will likely be running an outdated insecure WiFi encyption. Additionally it wont have had firmware updates for years and probably have security vulnerabilities. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
RMD57
Topic Author
This message was authored by RMD57 This message was authored by: RMD57

Re: Spotify knocks out internet connection

@jamesn123 - thanks. Yes, I'm now thinking that replacing the old unit will probably do the trick as well as improve security etc.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion