Discussion topic: Download McAfee Antivirus

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by breadsbread This message was authored by: breadsbread

Re: Download McAfee Antivirus

I was aware for some time now the you can no longer download McAfee from Sky but they give no explaination of why on their site. Plus as a Sky customer for years I have already got it install but noticed now it say there's a problem with Rea-time scanning and the app shows it as not registered so, other than the firewall, it appears to be not working at all. I called Sky and they said it's not longer supported so I told them that I have never seen a communication from them to say that. Appauling customer services from Sky who appear to be lying to their customers by still showing McAfee on their website like it is something that should be available. Why don't they just own-up and remove it from the website and tell existing users with the app installed that they're no longer protected. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@breadsbread wrote:

Why don't they just own-up and remove it from the website and tell existing users with the app installed that they're no longer protected. 

That is the key question that only Sky can answer but as they will not this is what we are left with. If you are having issues with it then it is worth finding an alternative and use that.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by NachoMax This message was authored by: NachoMax

Sky charge me £3 per month on my bill for a McAfee Security Suite that I don't have.  Surely that's illegal.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@NachoMax 

If you have it on a device and it works then they'll presumably still charge .if its expired or you need to install a new device then you'll need to contact sky and see if you can get a refund and go to mcafee directly or seek an alternative

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by spicy+banana This message was authored by: spicy+banana

Hi, whilst there is a £3 charge for mcafee I also receive a £3 credit off my bill so its still free.

No discount on my bill but am charged for McAfee.

This message was authored by Mumship This message was authored by: Mumship

Hello I've been paying for the Mcafee security for ages now but haven't been able to get the relevant info on sky help page to download the software can anyone help please ? 

How many devices can you use with it ? 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Mumship unless things have changed you cannot download extra copies of Mcafee but Sky will continue to charge you until you tell them to stop as they assume you are continueing to use the orginal installation.

Frankly paying £3 a month for Mcafee is poor value. You can get better protection free or certainly for less. Most security software vendors make their profits out of peope who never shop around. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Correct.  I phoned McAfee in the end and they  cancelled it for me, Sky just had me going round in circles.  I no longer get charged.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion