Discussion topic: DNS Settings

This message was authored by LittleFatBloke This message was authored by: LittleFatBloke

DNS Settings

Hi

I  received my new Sky router and set it up but could not gain internet access from my MacBook Pro. I have just spent 2 hours with Apple UK Help and they have suggested I contact Sky and ask for my DNS Settings?

I am on a 'temporary' connection apparently and I need the settings to set up a permanent connection.

Can anybody nelp me, please?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: DNS Settings

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LittleFatBloke 

Dns settings are not changeable on a sky hub but different dns can be used on devices. Otherwise not sure what apple are on about

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@LittleFatBloke 

Your sky dns servers are

Primary DNS        90.207.238.97

Secondary DNS  90.207.238.99

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

LittleFatBloke
Topic Author
This message was authored by LittleFatBloke This message was authored by: LittleFatBloke

Many thanks.

I am new to all this so please, bear with me. I've put the numbers you supplied in, but do I also have to put the secondary ones in, too? And do I leave the other box (Search Domains) blank, please?

Once again, thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

@LittleFatBloke 

You shouldn't need to put them into the device. The router does all the dns to the external internet

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion