Discussion topic: Changes to the Sky TV guide - March 2022

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - January 2022

Gold catch up/ on demand all programs  dates due to expire 31st march 2022 

is this correct or a glitch as it's showing 31st march 2022 on all gold programs on demand

thanks 

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - March 2022

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous dave and watch seem to have expiry dates of 28th March too.

Alibi is both 28th and 31st.

Maybe sky and uktv are renegotiating their current carriage deal? (just guessing) 

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

Yesterday and Eden also have expiry dates of 28th March aswell.

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@nolte wrote:

@Anonymous dave and watch seem to have expiry dates of 28th March too.

Alibi is both 28th and 31st.

Maybe sky and uktv are renegotiating their current carriage deal? (just guessing) 

Something has definitely changed regarding Alibi. 

A couple of weeks ago I downloaded Traces S1 Ep1 from Alibi. Haven't got round to watching it yet, but the reason I chose it was because the series had over a year (I'm pretty sure) on its expiry. Now, all episodes expire 28/3/22.

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by LGUser This message was authored by: LGUser

Download any shows you want from Alibi as what I have downloaded show with no expiry date. I don't know if this applies with any other UKTV channels.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@LGUser wrote:

Download any shows you want from Alibi as what I have downloaded show with no expiry date. I don't know if this applies with any other UKTV channels.

I think it may depend on the show

Alibi is a pay channel so often content isn't available via the UKTV free player

Although I dont use the catch up as I record or watch live, following the discussion here, I noticed that one of my favourites - Murdoch Mysteries most available via catch up is due to go over coming weeks but the latest S15 don't currently show  an expiry date

As others have said I wonder if it is just a 'review' and suspect that some if not a lot of content will re-appear at some stage 

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

I seem to recall that similar questions were asked last year when everything on alibi had the same deletion date. 

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

@nolte wrote:

I seem to recall that similar questions were asked last year when everything on alibi had the same deletion date. 

Do you recall how it was sorted?

This message was authored by Mat93 This message was authored by: Mat93

Monday 21st

• SC Godfather (Satellite 304/849 - Glass 304) renames to Sky Greats / Sky Greats HD

• W (Satellite 109 – 110 Wales) goes free to air

• W+1 (Satellite 209 – 210 Wales) goes free to air

Is W & W+1 being made available to view free to air today the 21st March 2022 on Sky? Doing a quick Google search shows the channel W is being made free to air on Freeview & Freesat from 28th March 2022?  https://www.google.com/search?q=w+free+to+air&oq=&aqs=chrome.3.69i176j35i39i362l14.-1j1j7&client=ms-...

-
This message was authored by PATV+Scunthorpe This message was authored by: PATV+Scunthorpe

The channel itself is also indicating that W is moving to 132 as part of the rebrand and free-to-air launch next Monday. Don't know what that means for the 109 slot, whether UKTV are replacing it with another of their channels, or the slot has gone to someone else, I guess we may see when the thread is updated.

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

Alibi is probably moving up the EPG then.

@PATV+Scunthorpe wrote:

The channel itself is also indicating that W is moving to 132 as part of the rebrand and free-to-air launch next Monday. Don't know what that means for the 109 slot, whether UKTV are replacing it with another of their channels, or the slot has gone to someone else, I guess we may see when the thread is updated.

Where did you read that W is moving to 132? W is still on 109 and Alibi is on 132.

This message was authored by Mat93 This message was authored by: Mat93

@Mat93 wrote:

Monday 21st

• SC Godfather (Satellite 304/849 - Glass 304) renames to Sky Greats / Sky Greats HD

• W (Satellite 109 – 110 Wales) goes free to air

• W+1 (Satellite 209 – 210 Wales) goes free to air

Is W & W+1 being made available to view free to air today the 21st March 2022 on Sky? Doing a quick Google search shows the channel W is being made free to air on Freeview & Freesat from 28th March 2022?  https://www.google.com/search?q=w+free+to+air&oq=&aqs=chrome.3.69i176j35i39i362l14.-1j1j7&client=ms-...

For those of you without a current Sky subscription, you can now view channel W in standard definition on 109 & W+1 in standard definition on 209. The high definition varient remains encrypted to those only with a subscription to Sky. 

-

W and Alibi have not changed their EPG positions.

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

The EPG switch is next Monday not today.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion