Discussion topic: German dubbing in the middle of Close Encounters

This message was authored by Iwaneczko123 This message was authored by: Iwaneczko123

German dubbing in the middle of Close Encounters

I watched Close Encounters of the Third Kind on Sky Cinema Mystery HD last night and at approximately 1 hr 7 mins, the main character played by Richard Dreyfuss is overdubbed and speaks 3 lines in German. It's at the point where he's taking the news articles down and he pulls the top off the model mountain. From the next scene on, its back to English dubbing. 

I've just downloaded the SD version and the German dialogue isn't there. Not sure if it was just on the broadcast version.

Anyone else notice this?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: German dubbing in the middle of Close Encounters

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The Viewer Relations team are Sky are the people to inform about this so they can look into it, they can be contacted via this email address - viewerR@sky.uk

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by RONNIE1974 This message was authored by: RONNIE1974

Yeah I've noticed it twice! Weird for it to be one scene only 🤣

This message was authored by LGUser This message was authored by: LGUser

@RONNIE1974 wrote:

Yeah I've noticed it twice! Weird for it to be one scene only 🤣

Have you tried double deteing the HD version and then downloading it again to double check this German dialogue?

This message was authored by RONNIE1974 This message was authored by: RONNIE1974

It's on the live broadcast on sky movies.......

@RONNIE1974 wrote:

It's on the live broadcast on sky movies.......

Is it on the download?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Iwaneczko123 @RONNIE1974 

The next time you come across it then make a note of the time and date and send an email to the Viewer Relations team as they can get this looked into - viewerR@sky.uk

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Iwaneczko123
Topic Author
This message was authored by Iwaneczko123 This message was authored by: Iwaneczko123

Sorry, should have updated. I emailed Sky relations when @caesarome suggested it a couple of weeks ago. They said they'd fix future broadcast versions

It's not a big deal for me, I just thought it was really strange - why does a copy with 3 random German lines even exist in the first place?

Probably never know. 

@Iwaneczko123 wrote:

Sorry, should have updated. I emailed Sky relations when @caesarome suggested it a couple of weeks ago. They said they'd fix future broadcast versions

It's not a big deal for me, I just thought it was really strange - why does a copy with 3 random German lines even exist in the first place?

Probably never know. 

That is a good question. Too bad we'll never know the answer.

This message was authored by Christmas+lights This message was authored by: Christmas+lights

Omg ,  I'm just watching it now , and I rewind  it and played it again,  I new it wasn't  in the 1977 film , glad I found  this post , it the bit where he cleaning up hes clay  model of the rock / mountain  

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion