Discussion topic: Can you record sky tv programmes on sky glass tv ? How ?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Jr1972
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jr1972 This message was authored by: Jr1972

Re: Can you record sky tv programmes on sky glass tv ? How ?

I pay £42.49 for bt sports from bt sky seems to be a no brainier if you can watch on sky go as well as prices seem cheaper directly from sky

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jr1972 wrote:

I pay £42.49 for bt sports from bt sky seems to be a no brainier if you can watch on sky go as well as prices seem cheaper directly from sky

How much..!!?

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Jr1972  If you do decide to pay sky directly for bt sports (which you'll have to do anyway if you want glass) beware you will lose access to the bt sports app but still able to watch the channels via sky go 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Ammo79 This message was authored by: Ammo79

My dad has had sky since it started and I added BT Sport for him in lockdown last year and I signed him to a 18 month contract and he pays sky £14 a month for it and I pay £22 lol work that one out

Jr1972
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jr1972 This message was authored by: Jr1972

In other words you only lose access to like catch up  but will still be able to watch live bt channels through sky go on iPad iPhone etc ?

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Jr1972  Yes that's correct 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by AaronC88 This message was authored by: AaronC88

Sorry just need to get clarification. you can add any program no matter the channel to a playlist. This means that program will be "recorded" but stored "in the cloud" but the recording Is shared between all customers? Not specifically one customer? It's the one concern the other half has is being able to watch her programs as she does now(record and watch at her leisure)

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@AaronC88 wrote:

Sorry just need to get clarification. you can add any program no matter the channel to a playlist. This means that program will be "recorded" but stored "in the cloud" but the recording Is shared between all customers? Not specifically one customer? It's the one concern the other half has is being able to watch her programs as she does now(record and watch at her leisure)

The playlist works much like Netflix, YouTube etc...  you can watch when you want, how sky store the content an who has access does not matter to the end user that's the "magical" part of the system 🙂

Playlist items have a 12 month lifespan before then disappear of the list

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )
This message was authored by AaronC88 This message was authored by: AaronC88

So basically anything you can watch live will be available to watch on demand via playlist?

This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

@AaronC88 wrote:

So basically anything you can watch live will be available to watch on demand via playlist?

That's what Sky have said.

@rscott ok I'm confused what a record is on BT Sport because on Sky it's days before it's available on demand can I record it at 1am and watch later that day or are you saying Sky will be recording it live and making it available on demand to every customer?

@rscott sorry bloody autocorrect what I record is on BT Sports and it's 4-5 days later I can watch on demand 

This message was authored by Rhonny This message was authored by: Rhonny

@Jr1972

I pay £42.49 for bt sports from bt

Why?? I pay £0 through EE. 

This message was authored by Petekil This message was authored by: Petekil

Currently if you set a programme to record, you can start watching it while it's still being shown live. A lot of programmes for example on bbc aren't available on demand for quite a while after being shown live. Any idea if you add a programme to the playlist that will be on later that day are you still able to start watching it say 10 mins after it's started?

Yes you can do that no but will it be stored from a 1am record to watch at 8pm later that day?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion