Discussion topic: unable to cancel

This message was authored by kevmidlands This message was authored by: kevmidlands

unable to cancel

trying to cancel both sky tv and broadband....says only way i can do this is by phone...so i phone to then be told by recorded message that everyone is in essential training so no one to take the call.

really? everyone? every single sky employee that deals with cancellation is in essential training?

seems the only way i can actually cancel sky is to cancel my direct debits and wait for them to call me?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: unable to cancel

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You can use a messaging service to cancel if it is available:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-broadband

Select "Yes, I still need help" at the bottom of the page.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@kevmidlands wrote:

trying to cancel both sky tv and broadband....says only way i can do this is by phone...so i phone to then be told by recorded message that everyone is in essential training so no one to take the call.

really? everyone? every single sky employee that deals with cancellation is in essential training?

seems the only way i can actually cancel sky is to cancel my direct debits and wait for them to call me?

@kevmidlands That won't happen, if you cancel your direct debit Sky will simple restrict your services and add fees when the bill isn't paid, you also then won't be able to cancel until you clear the outstanding balance.

If the staff are in training today then simply call later on or on another day.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
kevmidlands
Topic Author
This message was authored by kevmidlands This message was authored by: kevmidlands

tried that...it tells you you have to phone...which is what i did...to then be told everyone is  in training...and then circles you back to the beginining .

kevmidlands
Topic Author

yes i could try calling another day....except i already did...today wasnt the first day i tried. plus am i to believe that every single person is in training? how few people do sky employ?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Unfortunately it looks like you'll have to wait, then, as @daveNOS posted.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

The other option is to use the online cancellation form available on the links provided above by @caesarome .

This should prompt someone from Sky to try and contact you within the next few days as they would need to verbally confirm you are the account holder and do actually wish to cancel before they process it. So may be worth going via that route and then if you don't hear from Sky in a couple of days, then give them a call as well to ensure the cancellation gets processed.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Acdeag2 This message was authored by: Acdeag2

This sort of thing with Sky customer service is what puts me off ever returning.

Going round and round in circles in their help menus to get a phone number or live chat gives me nightmares now.

Never again

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@kevmidlands wrote:

trying to cancel both sky tv and broadband....

@kevmidlands 
To cancel Sky Broadband and Sky Talk totally, or if you’re moving to a provider like Virgin Media or City Fibre etc who don’t use the Openreach set up, you'll have to contact Sky and give the required notice of 14 days, but if you are still in the initial 18 months deal Sky could impose cancellation charges. This link may help https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-broadband

If you are changing to another provider who also uses the Openreach infrastructure then join up with them and they should contact Sky on your behalf.

Return packaging will be sent out to you near the end of the notice period. Remember to keep any proof of posting indefinitely.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by whitebeard This message was authored by: whitebeard

I'm in the same boat as you. Although I did manage to cancel last week, I've had no confirmation of that and I'm very dubious that they have actually done it because the two people I spoke to about it sounded less than confident, and like they could do with a bit of training.

I've tried contacting Sky today to get confirmation but any attempt to contact them at the moment fails. Emailing them at the help email address results in a reply that they are "improving their services", and aren't contactable by email anymore. The online chat isn't working, and I get the same "there's no-one to take your call as we are all in training" message as you on the phone line.

I feel ilke there has been a distinct drop in customer service since the previous time I contacted them 18 months ago, especially in a complete lack of any interest at all in discounted deals, hence my cancellation.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@whitebeard 

If you've cancelled correctly you should receive an email from Sky acknowledging the cancellation. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by whitebeard This message was authored by: whitebeard

@Daniel0210 wrote:

@whitebeard 

If you've cancelled correctly you should receive an email from Sky acknowledging the cancellation. 

I'm not sure what cancelled correctly means other telling them to cancel, and replying yes to all the questions they asked. They gave me an end date and told me I would have to send the box back within x days of the end date, but I've heard nothing from them since, and now can't contact them.

@whitebeard 

I haven't cancelled so don't know what the email contains but I'd have thought it would start with something like "We're sorry to see you go…" or similar. What you've described sound sufficient in my opinion. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Alex+MacDonald This message was authored by: Alex+MacDonald

I simply want to return a mobile phone within the 31 day return period that I no longer require. Skys mobile service is bad where I live so it's useless to me. I have tried to contact them since 13.00 today and still cannot get through. It's 14.15 now. Apparently they are all in essential training. How may people work at sky and is the whole customer service team in the same training...that just seems bizarre. The chat, Facebook and email options are all closed too. Anyway, as a result of this experience, I will be cancelling everything I have with Sky now which is TV Q box and four Sky mini boxes, two other mobiles and fibre broadband. That's provided I can actually get to speak to a human being and they've not just sacked everyone and replaced with AI. Bye bye Sky = happy life!

@Alex+MacDonald 

I understand the training is finishing and the lines should be back open within minutes.

As long as you’re still within the cooling off period (which is 31 days), you’ll need to contact Sky who will lead you through the returns process. Dial 150 for free from a Sky mobile or from a Sky landline. If you’ve had it more than 31 days you can't send it back without incurring substantial charges. Some more information is available here
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-mobile-phone-or-tablet-refund
Keep any subsequent proof of posting safe and indefinitely and be aware if you order an alternative device you will undergo further credit checks.

Sky customer since 2001

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion