Discussion topic: unable to cancel

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: unable to cancel

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Alex+MacDonald wrote:

I will be cancelling everything I have with Sky now which is TV Q box and four Sky mini boxes, two other mobiles and fibre broadband. That's provided I can actually get to speak to a human being and they've not just sacked everyone and replaced with AI. Bye bye Sky = happy life!

Not an over-reaction at all, obviously. Just call later....

This message was authored by whitebeard This message was authored by: whitebeard

@Daniel0210 wrote:

@whitebeard 

I haven't cancelled so don't know what the email contains but I'd have thought it would start with something like "We're sorry to see you go…" or similar. What you've described sound sufficient in my opinion. 

I haven't received any email, that's what I'm saying.

This message was authored by Acdeag2 This message was authored by: Acdeag2

I think to call Sky's help AI is an insult to intelleligence, it is Artifical alright but not intelligent.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@whitebeard wrote:

@Daniel0210 wrote:

@whitebeard 

I haven't cancelled so don't know what the email contains but I'd have thought it would start with something like "We're sorry to see you go…" or similar. What you've described sound sufficient in my opinion. 

I haven't received any email, that's what I'm saying.

@whitebeard its also possible it wasn't sent as a email and for some reason they just posted the Document in the Message Center of your My Sky account. So its worth checking there are well. www.sky.com/mymessages 

Personally not receiving an email or any sort of written confirmation of the cancellation, would make me think they hadn't processed the request. At least with written confirmation if they screw something up you have clear indication of the communications and confirmation from Sky.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@whitebeard wrote
They gave me an end date and told me I would have to send the box back within x days of the end date, but I've heard nothing from them since, and now can't contact them.

@whitebeard 

Apologies, I took that to have come in an email. Give them a call to confirm. The lines should be back open now.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Acdeag2 wrote:

I think to call Sky's help AI is an insult to intelleligence, it is Artifical alright but not intelligent.

@Acdeag2 its designed to point you towards Skys online documentaton for issues that are self-service fixes that you can do yourself. The bot on their website certainly isn't currently designed to fully replace customer services agents as there are plenty of things that can't be self serviced that only a Sky agent can perform. 

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by whitebeard This message was authored by: whitebeard

@Daniel0210 wrote:

@whitebeard wrote
They gave me an end date and told me I would have to send the box back within x days of the end date, but I've heard nothing from them since, and now can't contact them.

@whitebeard 

Apologies, I took that to have come in an email. Give them a call to confirm. The lines should be back open now.

Thanks, I finally managed to speak to a very nice Scottish lady in cancellations. Hopefully all sorted. If only the "values" team were as half as good as the cancellations team!

This message was authored by KR62 This message was authored by: KR62

Trying to cancel our Broadband and Talk package, so far we've had 3 disconnection dates but are still connected... appalling customer service 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@KR62 wrote:

Trying to cancel our Broadband and Talk package, so far we've had 3 disconnection dates but are still connected... appalling customer service 

@KR62 
To cancel Sky Broadband and Sky Talk totally, or if you’re moving to a provider like Virgin Media or City Fibre etc who don’t use the Openreach set up, you'll have to contact Sky and give the required notice of 14 days, but if you are still in the initial 18 months deal Sky could impose cancellation charges. This link may help https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-broadband

If you are changing to another provider who also uses the Openreach infrastructure then join up with them and they should contact Sky on your behalf.

Return packaging will be sent out to you near the end of the notice period. Remember to keep any proof of posting indefinitely.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@KR62 

When you last spoke to Sky did they say why there was a delay in doing this ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by KR62 This message was authored by: KR62

We're out of contract with Sky , and have phoned them 3 times to cancel completely,  they blamed Open reach initially ( who had been doing works in our area resulting in our landline not working for 2 weeks), then blamed one of their agents for not cancelling,  and then one of their departments was blamed! The whole thing is a complete shambles!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion