0

Discussion topic: unable to cancel

Reply
Reply
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: unable to cancel

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Alex+MacDonald wrote:

 I will be cancelling everything I have with Sky now which is TV Q box and four Sky mini boxes, two other mobiles and fibre broadband. That's provided I can actually get to speak to a human being and they've not just sacked everyone and replaced with AI. Bye bye Sky = happy life!


Not an over-reaction at all, obviously. Just call later....

This message was authored by whitebeard This message was authored by: whitebeard

Re: unable to cancel


@Daniel0210 wrote:

@whitebeard 

I haven't cancelled so don't know what the email contains but I'd have thought it would start with something like "We're sorry to see you go…" or similar. What you've described sound sufficient in my opinion. 


I haven't received any email, that's what I'm saying.

This message was authored by Acdeag2 This message was authored by: Acdeag2

Re: unable to cancel

I think to call Sky's help AI is an insult to intelleligence, it is Artifical alright but not intelligent.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: unable to cancel

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@whitebeard wrote:

@Daniel0210 wrote:

@whitebeard 

I haven't cancelled so don't know what the email contains but I'd have thought it would start with something like "We're sorry to see you go…" or similar. What you've described sound sufficient in my opinion. 


I haven't received any email, that's what I'm saying.


@whitebeard its also possible it wasn't sent as a email and for some reason they just posted the Document in the Message Center of your My Sky account. So its worth checking there are well. www.sky.com/mymessages 

 

Personally not receiving an email or any sort of written confirmation of the cancellation, would make me think they hadn't processed the request. At least with written confirmation if they screw something up you have clear indication of the communications and confirmation from Sky.



Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue


NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: unable to cancel

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@whitebeard wrote
They gave me an end date and told me I would have to send the box back within x days of the end date, but I've heard nothing from them since, and now can't contact them.

@whitebeard 

Apologies, I took that to have come in an email. Give them a call to confirm. The lines should be back open now.


▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: unable to cancel

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Acdeag2 wrote:

I think to call Sky's help AI is an insult to intelleligence, it is Artifical alright but not intelligent.


@Acdeag2 its designed to point you towards Skys online documentaton for issues that are self-service fixes that you can do yourself. The bot on their website certainly isn't currently designed to fully replace customer services agents as there are plenty of things that can't be self serviced that only a Sky agent can perform. 



Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue


NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by whitebeard This message was authored by: whitebeard

Re: unable to cancel


@Daniel0210 wrote:

@whitebeard wrote
They gave me an end date and told me I would have to send the box back within x days of the end date, but I've heard nothing from them since, and now can't contact them.

@whitebeard 

Apologies, I took that to have come in an email. Give them a call to confirm. The lines should be back open now.


Thanks, I finally managed to speak to a very nice Scottish lady in cancellations. Hopefully all sorted. If only the "values" team were as half as good as the cancellations team!

Reply

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion