Discussion topic: deposit paid for equipment due back to me

This message was authored by simpson83 This message was authored by: simpson83

deposit paid for equipment due back to me

Hi,

i am contacting you to complain about the way SKY have treated me in respect of the following.

I contacted customer services around 2 weeks ago to :
  • chase up my payment back to me of £67 compensation - which i have now received
  • chase up MY PAYMENT BACK TO ME for my deposit of approx £79 paid to Sky for streaming pucks in March this year which i have never received back to me 
the account was agreed around end March this year, for various reasons Openreach could not install the fibre line to the house in a timely fashion and after delay of months  and falls promises i cancelled the account.

All equipment was sent back to Sky, and in calls this has been confirmed, this equipment was sent back around 8 weeks ago now.

i have had nothing but hassle with Sky and now it appears i cannot get my deposit back despite asking around 2 weeks ago i was informed the following:
  • that she didn't know anything about this deposit
  • after me getting irate and stressing i will go to a solicitor it was then acknowledged that there was a payment due back and that i had paid a deposit 
  • i was then told she cant pay it back and i need to contact my bank, this is particularly ridiculous when you accepted my deposit for £79 via card no problem but now you make this as hard as you can for me to get my money back ! i nee to contact my bank as Sky cant pay me direct ! what a joke or lies. 
  • to date i have heard nothing more 
i suggest that you contact me urgently to resolve, otherwise i will name and shame Sky via social media and i will definitely contact a solicitor and i will then press for my money back plus costs.

i have had enough of Sky since April this year and it is still on going, you are as bad as VIRGIN.

Regards

Nathan Simpson 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: deposit paid for equipment due back to me

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@simpson83 

This is a customer helps customer forum so you’re not contacting Sky Customer Services by posting on here.

Dispite your threats Sky won't contact you as a result of your post on here. This link explains how to make a complaint 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

The lines to Customer Services are down at present due to the mass I.T. issue worldwide. When they are back up and running they will obviously be extremely busy but you will need to initiate contact. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@simpson83 

This is a customer helps customer forum so you’re not contacting Sky Customer Services by posting on here.

Dispite your threats Sky won't contact you as a result of your post on here. This link explains how to make a complaint 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

The lines to Customer Services are down at present due to the mass I.T. issue worldwide. When they are back up and running they will obviously be extremely busy but you will need to initiate contact. 

Sky customer since 2001
simpson83
Topic Author

well despite looking everywhere on sky i could not get a email address, so despite my threats which are founded may i add i the link you have sent is not for services or accounts, the link refers to viewer complaints i.e making a compliant about a programme.  so feel free to send me the email address if you can find it.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@simpson83 

That link is correct. It's not just for programme issues. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@simpson83 

If you go through the options on the link @Daniel0210 posted you will come to this form that you can fill in:

https://www.sky.com/help/forms/complaints

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@simpson83 wrote:

now it appears i cannot get my deposit back despite asking around 2 weeks ago i was informed the following:

• that she didn't know anything about this deposit

Perhaps note that you shouldn't be asking for 'a deposit to be returned' : that's not appropriate language and is likely to cause confusion as there's no 'deposit' involved in the loan of Stream (or Q) hardware.

You're requesting refund of fees paid in advance for a service which wasn't delivered.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
simpson83
Topic Author

ok and you know the ins and outs of this isuse do you, ? i am asking for despoit paid for equipment due back to me so read what the subject is, its quite clear.

simpson83
Topic Author

very much appreciated and thanks.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@simpson83 wrote:

i am asking for despoit paid for equipment due back to me so read what the subject is, its quite clear.

There is no deposit on Stream pucks: the up-front payment (typically £39.99 each) is a fee, and not returned to anyone at the end of a contract term and return of the loaned hardware.

In your situation you are requesting this fee be refunded because the service required to use the freely loaned hardware wasn't provided.

simpson83
Topic Author

no deposit, thats what Sky called it when i entered into the contract in March. no confusion 

@simpson83 wrote:

no deposit, thats what Sky called it when i entered into the contract in March. no confusion 

Unfortunately they were confused, and incorrect. 

There is no such deposit.

You paid a fee.

simpson83
Topic Author

anyway regardless ..up fromnt payment, deposit costs upfront callit what you wish thay have my money and i am entitled to it back for no service supplied and contract cancelled, or is it a cointract or is it called something else, i wonder ? mmmm

@simpson83 

I'm just trying to indicate that insisting on the return of something which doesn't exist is not likely to succeed.

In these particular circumstances you have every right to a refund of advance fees, but the support person needs to understand that's what you are requesting (and clearly didn't, as in your first post)

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion