Discussion topic: You cut me off and still taking money off me thift

This message was authored by Natashamcmail This message was authored by: Natashamcmail

You cut me off and still taking money off me thift

U just want my money back please or I am going to union treading office then a lawyer 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: You cut me off and still taking money off me thift

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky continue to charge as normal even if your services have been restricted because you haven't paid your bill on time.

I don't know who union treading office is but it's nothing to do with them or a lawyer.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Natashamcmail  You're not talking to Sky via the forum we are all customers here.  Issuing threats won't get anmy response either.

Perhaps if you could explain fully & logically the forum may be able to advise.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Natashamcmail wrote:

U just want my money back please or I am going to union treading office then a lawyer 

I don't quite know what you expect you have signed a contract to pay Sky X amount a month and the contract states if you can't pay the services will be restricted. Even with restricted services you have to continue to pay as per what you agreee to by signing up.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Natashamcmail 

If your services are restricted,  (and it’s normally only a missed payment that triggers this), I’m afraid Sky won’t reinstate them until you’ve paid what is owed in full and set up a new continuous payment method. If your payment is two or more weeks overdue you will have to pay the next bill as well. Any calls to Sky will only prompt you to make your payment. In the meantime charges continue as normal.

If you can’t pay what you owe in one go you can pay what you want, but until the bill is fully paid Sky will not reinstate your services. Sky don't allow payment plans on overdue live accounts, nor will they consider promises to pay on or by a certain date.

Once your full payment has cleared and is in Sky’s account your services should be reinstated, but this may not be instant. Any payment you make over a weekend or on a Bank Holiday isn’t likely to be processed until the following week as banks are closed.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by SayItHowItIs84 This message was authored by: SayItHowItIs84

To be honest it should be illegal to charge full rate with restricted services plus not being able to watch sky is being cut off not restricted and charging for a service not provided. The most they should legally be able to charge for is the sky box rent, charging full rate on someone who couldn't afford the last bill and was cut off is the same as unlawful interest rates especially when they have a cancellation sting set if you try to leave. What other industry or product can be charged in full when use has been deliberately restricted/cut? This is why they are loosing there customers to fire sticks and Freeview especially with cost of living crisis. Just like they loan companies and others lawsuits will follow one day with compensation orders going out. I am helping someone with there situation with sky and looking through the bill statements and adding up length of time services not provided but charged as the sky box is the only thing provided with a charge but broadband and sky services are a product and if that product is not provided for use or not to a accepted standard as per advertised then yes this will be a talking point for trading standards, would you pay a gas bill if no gas provided? A monthly train ticket if they cancelled all the trains that month? Not acceptable in my eyes and a very emoral way to cash in on customers struggling.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@SayItHowItIs84 wrote:

What other industry or product can be charged in full when use has been deliberately restricted/cut? 

Standard process for telecoms firms.  You pay in advance not in arrears.

The contract agreed also makes the above clear, including restriction of service.  If you don't like the terms then don't agree to them.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@SayItHowItIs84 wrote:

To be honest it should be illegal to charge full rate with restricted services plus not being able to watch sky is being cut off not restricted and charging for a service not provided.

On the other hand, you shouldn't commit to a contract if you can't comply with the terms you signed up to - including paying your bill on time,.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion