Discussion topic: Why am I paying for Ultra HD

This message was authored by SRB83 This message was authored by: SRB83

Why am I paying for Ultra HD

I'm confused as to why I pay for Ultra HD when I also have to pay more to rent films in Ultra HD. The Ultra HD part on the package allows you to use UHD on sky, as in watching films programmes or whatever is available. But if I were to rent something in UHD I still have to pay more than normal. That's kind of a joke no?

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Why am I paying for Ultra HD

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SRB83  Paying to watch in UHD covers non Sky store content, anything you choose to purchase from the Sky Store is always going to be chargeable whether it's UHD or not.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

SRB83
Topic Author
This message was authored by SRB83 This message was authored by: SRB83

Buts that's not how they sell it. They just say its so people with UHD tvs can use the services. That's what I got told when I agreed to it. I got told if I pay for it I get access to even UHD. But that's not true, there charging extra. I've still got to pay more. And sky content is what ever is available via the box. It's "sky" store. They pay to be able to sell or rent those things. If I were using Disney or netflix I would understand. But its sky.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@SRB83 

It's the distribution model which the studios have chosen to use: Sky doesn't own the content and so cannot dictate pricing.  

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@SRB83 wrote:
Buts that's not how they sell it. They just say its so people with UHD tvs can use the services. That's what I got told when I agreed to it. I got told if I pay for it I get access to even UHD. But that's not true, there charging extra. I've still got to pay more. And sky content is what ever is available via the box. It's "sky" store. They pay to be able to sell or rent those things. If I were using Disney or netflix I would understand. But its sky.

You do get access to the UHD content if you pay for it on the Sky streaming service.

The Sky Store has always been a separate service and similar to the Google Play Store is a service where a customer can buy or rent TV shows and movies.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion