Discussion topic: What is 'See it First'?

This message was authored by anothermadeupname This message was authored by: anothermadeupname

What is 'See it First'?

Please can someone tell me what 'see it first' is on my tv package.

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: What is 'See it First'?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

See it first was a way in which you could watch something like an epsiode of certain US dramas a whole 24 hours before they were broadcast on Sky Atlantic. It wasn't really anything to great and was closed down a while back.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

See it first was a way in which you could watch something like an epsiode of certain US dramas a whole 24 hours before they were broadcast on Sky Atlantic. It wasn't really anything to great and was closed down a while back.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@anothermadeupname 

Sky Atlantic VIP, a new TV channel that will air HBO, Showtime and Sky Original Productions 24 hours before their regular broadcast on Sky Atlantic. It will be available on channel 995 and include shows such as the Dwayne Johnson comedy-drama Ballers, Tin Star and Ray Donovan.

https://www.engadget.com/2017-08-03-sky-vip-atlantic-loyalty-tv-broadband-scheme.html

As @caesarome indicates, the problem was that channels and studios were very reluctant to preview prestige content in this way because of the risk of pirated versions and plot spoilers hitting the internet in advance of main release, so the channel was basically empty.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

it still baffles me why the line still appears on billing after all this time 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@SKY1992bf wrote:

after all this time 

It's only been four years (closed June 12th 2019 according to the Sky  Atlantic Wikipedia page)

There's probably still someone earning a very nice salary as Head of Programming ; )

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion