Discussion topic: What has happened to Sky?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by sussexdude1971 This message was authored by: sussexdude1971

Re: What has happened to Sky?

That's a fair point but when we took out the subscriptions they where showing  certain shows they no longer do and yet they didn't reduce the subscription costs when they loose popular channels.  They just makes apps available you can further subscribe to, so you can continue to watch them. Just my opinion 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@doc-ab wrote:

no business thinks it's making a mistake until pigeons come home to roost. Sky don't "know" that their strategy is correct, their forecasts and analyses have them believing that their strategy will work but let's wait and see. 

Their forecasts and analyses will doubtless be validated (or not) by monitoring the results. They'll know then whether or not they were accurate. Nobody else will know though it might be inferred from any change in approach.

This message was authored by doc-ab This message was authored by: doc-ab

Well we will know because we will be able to look at their financials and commentary from financial analyst. Comcast paid $40 billion with some valuing it as low as $14 billion. Comcast took a large impairment charge, subscribers have dropped and revenue per subscriber continues to fall. I admire your touching faith in Sky management but suspect it's misplaced. 

Figures are for Sky as a whole as it doesn't report UK figures separately any more.

This message was authored by rossc1989 This message was authored by: rossc1989

I have to totally agree.

I have rang sky in the past without any issue and always put through to someone who could understand my question and act accordingly. 

This time, totally different. To start with the phonecall was 45 minutes long when it really should have been alot quicker but trying to communicate was very difficult.

I was offered Sky Fibre for £21.50 a month for 24 months which she said multiple times only to finally get off the phone with an agent who had me sign up to sky fibre on the basis of the price being £21.50 for 24 months and not taking the sky max hub. I have had the contract through and it is only £21.50 for the first 12 months not 24 like she said and I repeatedly told her I did not want the extra cost for the Sky max hub but she has added it on anyway.

Really, really poor and very fustrating. I dont fancy rining back up so will email to cancel and I will look elswhere in the future.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@rossc1989 wrote:

so will email to cancel and I will look elswhere in the future.

@rossc1989 

Although the cancel by email option is usually available, I believe Sky still need to talk to you on the phone to confirm your identity and you're the account holder. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@doc-ab wrote:

no business thinks it's making a mistake until pigeons come home to roost. Sky don't "know" that their strategy is correct, their forecasts and analyses have them believing that their strategy will work but let's wait and see. 

Don't forget Comcast will get quarterly numbers on how all their subsidary businesses are going, so every 3 months they will know whether they are ahead or behind on their targets.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

They've just written down their investment by over $8 billion 

This message was authored by rossc1989 This message was authored by: rossc1989

Even complaining is impossible! You get generic responses that dont make sense and then you have to call again which is a nightmare. I will contact my current provider and get them to cancel it for me hopefully!

They have really gone so far backwards with regards to customer service I am actually shocked. Been with them nearly 10 years without issues in the past but never expericed something so bad as this.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@doc-ab wrote:

They've just written down their investment by over $8 billion 

They did, but that was in October 2022 and largely in response to the somewhat unexpected outbreak of a war in Europe six months previously...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/comcast-takes-8-6-billion-write-down-on-sky-reports-revenue-dip-1166686... 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Love how everything can be blamed on war in Ukraine or Covid 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@doc-ab wrote:

Love how everything can be blamed on war in Ukraine or Covid 

Well seeing how covid screwed the worlds economy and started the inflation rise and the war in Ukraine worsened the high inflation then yes anything economy related can blamed on those 2 events.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Most streaming services did pretty well during covid 

This message was authored by Dean79 This message was authored by: Dean79

I am leaving sky and have also had bad experiences with this foreign call centre. 
(Removed) They clearly couldn't care less about the UK customers. 
I will not settle my bill until I speak to someone I can trust isn't selling my card information. 

Moderator note: Removed unfounded allegations

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Dean79 

You do realise that if you withhold payment your services will be restricted, you'll incur late payment fees, you won't be able to talk to Sky, and it will affect your credit score. Threats to stop payment is not a wise move. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion