Discussion topic: What has happened to Sky?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: What has happened to Sky?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dean79 wrote:

I am leaving sky and have also had bad experiences with this foreign call centre. 
The fact our pensioners are having their savings stolen from call centre in this country is the reason I want nothing to do with sky.  They clearly couldn't care less about the UK customers. 
I will not settle my bill until I speak to someone I can trust isn't selling my card information. 

Typically it's scam call centres that are setup specifically designed to steal money from customers in numerous countiries rather than the generic implication you have made that all proper call centres are stealing people's money, which is just factually inaccurate.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Dean79 This message was authored by: Dean79

None of those worry me. I've cancelled already. It's their final payment. My credit score is bad already. Baliffs can't take nothing from me and I've been to so many prisons Judges have nothing to punish me. 
If sky move the call centre to a country we can't trust how do I pay securely?

the only option is online but that implies I want to start my services again. well I don't. 
one day the penny will drop and a British sky employee will call and then they can have the money I owe. 
Wise?

This message was authored by Johnskilton1 This message was authored by: Johnskilton1

No I'm not pretending (Removed)  with regards to paying I would do exactly the same 

Moderator note: Removed inappropriate comment & campaigning suggestion

This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Jumping into this thread to advise that your feedback is important to us and we have ensured the right teams have been made aware of this discussion and the customer feedback. Thank you everyone who has engaged in the discussion 🙂

On another note, the conversation on the thread has started to become a little bit heated and as a result certain posts have been removed.  Please do adhere to Community rules at all times and let's keep things nice between eachother.

I will continue to monitor this and may make the decision to lock the thread should further Community rule breaches are seen.

Thanks,

Daniel
Community Moderator
snes
Topic Author
This message was authored by snes This message was authored by: snes

Thank you for your timely intervention Daniel.

As the thread starter, I am happy that my initial concerns have been more than confirmed by the informative posts that have followed. My eyes were particularly opened by reading the awful experiences of long standing Sky customers.

Certainly, I have been convinced that my decision to leave Sky when my current contract runs out has been sufficiently vindicated - rather sad as I am a 20year plus customer who used to have the triple package - phone, broadband, TV.

I am pleased that someone at Sky has noted the general gist of the thread, though I doubt it will make any overall difference. If, Daniel, you feel that the overall aim of the thread has now been reached and no useful purpose would be served continuing, then please do lock it. The point has been made now.

This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F

Posted by a Sky employee

@snes wrote:

I am pleased that someone at Sky has noted the general gist of the thread, though I doubt it will make any overall difference. If, Daniel, you feel that the overall aim of the thread has now been reached and no useful purpose would be served continuing, then please do lock it. The point has been made now.

Thanks for confirming @snes 

With that go ahead from the Topic Author, I'm closing this thread down as I do feel the conversation is starting to veer off from it's original intent.

That being said, if anyone in future wishes to open a new discussion thread on this you are more than welcome to do so.

Thanks again everyone for engaging in this discussion,

Daniel
Community Moderator

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion