Discussion topic: What has happened to Sky?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Antmos This message was authored by: Antmos

Re: What has happened to Sky?

It is only day one of the 30 days but I got told there in nothing that they can do. Anyway you are right, it's my choice to stay with them. 

This message was authored by Chalk+Serpent This message was authored by: Chalk+Serpent

They're wrong and know it, there's a 30 or 31 day cooling off period for all new TV contracts. I wouldn't give up, even if you put in cancellation without the intention of leaving you may get a better deal. 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Antmos wrote:

It is only day one of the 30 days but I got told there in nothing that they can do. Anyway you are right, it's my choice to stay with them. 

I'd suggest phoning Sky again as it certainly sounds like you reached an agent who didn't actually have a clue.

You certainly have the right to change your mind and cancel any new agreed contract within the first 31 days.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Johnskilton1 This message was authored by: Johnskilton1

That's old school on the spot pressure tactics 

As long as the big boss gets her 5 million in bonuses a year none of the big company's care all that matters is getting ya money each month 

This message was authored by DigitalFluff This message was authored by: DigitalFluff

17 year Diamond VIP customer here; latest TV contract came to an end about 2 weeks ago. Contacted Sky to see what was available and unless I gave them all my broadband info (with a separate provider) they didn't want to offer me anything! Couldn't believe the attitude, so ended up cancelling. Then the 'please stay' emails started up. So today I used the text chat service and after an hour of back and forth I had an offer I was happy with, and agreed to it. Went through all the T&Cs, said thanks and goodbye, ten minutes later get an email saying sorry you're leaving, and a date in a month's time for the service to end! 
I call the 'customer service' number and after going through the automated waste of my time I end up speaking to a guy who I can't understand somewhere not in the U.K. He doesn't have a clue what's going on with my account, I managed to glean that he needs to speak to the supervisor of the text chat agent and call me back sometime this afternoon. So far this has taken up two hours of my life I'll never get back. 
Sky used to the a company that it was enjoyable to interact with; not any more. Absolutely dire customer care. 

This message was authored by Spaceinvader55 This message was authored by: Spaceinvader55

We were with Sky since 1993 and renewed every year after a discussion about prices with a cheery person from Scotland. Last year, after prices increased to over £130/month I telephoned and this time there was no discussion or movement on price. Reluctantly I told them to cancel our Sky package (Q with sports/movies/kids/ 4 mini boxes etc etc). Exactly the same happened with our 6 sky mobile sims; the operator was unwilling or unable to negotiate.

We switched to Virgin media and ended up with an amazing deal: 1.1gb broadband; all the tv packages we had with sky and more: multi room and a sim from O2 with unlimited everything. All this for £90/month - without the sim it would've been £65/month. 
The broadband is superb - as has been the customer service so far. The connectivity issues we had with Sky Q have disappeared as Virgin use coaxial cable to link the boxes rather than Wi-Fi. (In the end we ran Ethernet cables back and forward throughout the house to attempt to solve the connectivity problems with Sky Q - but even this wasn't always successful as we were forever switching the boxes on and off).

Sky have been messaging and sending emails regularly since we left but their packages are still much more than we're paying at the moment and we've got used to the 1.1gb broadband and the 500mb+ Wi-Fi throughout the house. We also had to send the sky mini boxes back ( we paid almost £100 each for these). If we rejoined would they return them? I very much doubt it.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Spaceinvader55 wrote:

We also had to send the sky mini boxes back ( we paid almost £100 each for these). If we rejoined would they return them? I very much doubt it.

@Spaceinvader55 

When the current discounted deal with your new provider ends you'll be in a similar position and after 18 months away Sky will class you as a new customer.

Yes, of course you had to send your mini boxes back. They were loaned to you the same as the main Sky Q box. What you paid was an administration fee. If you rejoin and take out Multiscreen again there's a fair chance another fee would be needed. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by doc-ab This message was authored by: doc-ab

£100 admin fee for a sky mini box, seriously

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@doc-ab wrote:

Indeed, it's only £50 each

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@PandJ2020 wrote:

@doc-ab wrote:

Indeed, it's only £50 each

From memory it was £49 for self installation or £99 if installer attendance was requested.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by roger123456789 This message was authored by: roger123456789

I must agree with the comments that the customer service is now very poor. I have been trying to cancel multi room for 3 weeks. I was told a CRF would need to be raised and to phone back in 9-10 days time to cancel the service. I phoned back and was told the CRF was closed and multi room would be cancelled, my bill updated in 24 hours and a return box sent to me so I can return the box. 3 days on, 3 phone calls and an email and still not cancelled. After being told for the past 2 days that "apologies for the error it is now cancelled, I will personally ensure this happens" it is still active. I complained via email to be told I have to phone back which I did. The lady on the phone said the CRF had only been raised today I had not been waiting 3 weeks then transferred me to the Technical team. The technical team said it was nothing to do with them and passed me back to cancellations. 45 minutes I'm told a CRF as been raised nothing g I can do for 4-5 days and someone will personally ensure it will be cancelled and will call me back on Thursday..........No accountability, no come back and complaints do nothing. Shocking service, it was never like this with the UK call centres! 

This message was authored by Chalk+Serpent This message was authored by: Chalk+Serpent

@roger123456789 Sky used to take complaints very seriously as well, the whole CS with them has gone downhill since they outsourced so much of it. I'm not sorry I completely cancelled and now have no Sky products. At the moment I can't see that I'll ever go back either, for anything, it just isn't worth the risk of having to deal with them if anything goes wrong. 

This message was authored by doc-ab This message was authored by: doc-ab

Customer service used to be excellent now it's shockingly bad 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

....and yet the Jan 2024 OFCOM survey results showed Sky to be one of the best performing providers in terms of the number of complaints.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/news-centre/2024/latest-telecoms-and-pay-tv-complaints-revealed

This message was authored by roger123456789 This message was authored by: roger123456789

@Mark39 is that because the period was up until September? I don't know when Sky moved to overseas call centres but this is the first time I have had to deal with them.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion