Discussion topic: Trying to get some answers

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Trying to get some answers

Hi....so I was looking at sky stream this morning and got a quote online for sky stream and movies and sky max broadband for £70...with £40 initial set up fee 

As im trying to reduce my currentbill of £86 month ....wasn't sure I'd added everything I needed or  had done it correctly so rang sky to double check ....after 4 different people and 40min on phone I was quoted £96 a month 

What am I doing wrong and has anyone tried do do this with same result ?

Also if trying to reduce my bill why do they insist on trying  to sell me more packages ie sky sport 🤔

Thanks in advance 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Trying to get some answers

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Are you new to Sky, or an existing Sky customer? The quote from the Sky website will most likely be for a new customer.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Anonymous wrote:

Also if trying to reduce my bill why do they insist on trying  to sell me more packages ie sky sport

Because that's what they are incentivised to do.

You can always start the conversation by stating very clearly you aren't interested in any additions.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Steve19841 This message was authored by: Steve19841

I have an over due bill which I have phoned them up on numerous occasions and they said that they can't help I have autism and mental health problems and struggling with money some months I can't even feed myself because of bills what can I do as it's not doing my health any good 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Steve19841 wrote:

I have an over due bill which I have phoned them up on numerous occasions and they said that they can't help I have autism and mental health problems and struggling with money some months I can't even feed myself because of bills what can I do as it's not doing my health any good 

Sky isn't like a utility company which is required to provide support for financial difficulties Their policy is outlined here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/support-with-financial-difficulty

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Steve19841 

Also see

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cost-of-living-support

If you have Stream or Glass also see the information on this link:
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/missed-payments-sky-glass

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion