Discussion topic: The Hub

This message was authored by AnnaDubai2023 This message was authored by: AnnaDubai2023

The Hub

I am due to become a Sky customer on the 13th of Feb and have been told this is when I will receive 'the hub'.

Does anyone know how to give delivery instructions so i do not have to be at the property to recieve?

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: The Hub

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AnnaDubai2023  Sky will only deliver to the registered address on the account 

you will need to make alternative arrangements for someone to be in or pick up from the depot 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
AnnaDubai2023
Topic Author
This message was authored by AnnaDubai2023 This message was authored by: AnnaDubai2023

The address on the account is my registered address however I will need to book a day off work to be there. Surely the driver can leave it in a safe space in either the garden if instructed?

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@AnnaDubai2023 wrote:

The address on the account is my registered address however I will need to book a day off work to be there. Surely the driver can leave it in a safe space in either the garden if instructed?

@AnnaDubai2023  I'm not aware of such an option being available for those types of instructions 

@caesarome are you aware of any such option?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@AnnaDubai2023 

The Sky hub router should arrive a day or two in advance of the activation. It is delivered by Royal Mail. 

I believe you should be able to change the delivery destination as soon as you get your tracking number on your order on your My Sky app, to a neighbour with the same postcode or to your nearest post office (unless anyone knows different). 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@SKY1992bf wrote:
@caesarome are you aware of any such option?

Nope, but if it is being delivered by Royal Mail the postie might look for a safe place to hide it or give it to a neighbour and post a card through your door letting you know where it has been left.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

The best thing to do is rearrange the delivery once you get the text with the tracking info on. 

You can change the delivery date to a day when you WILL be at home. 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
AnnaDubai2023
Topic Author

Thanks Lisa, do you know at what point I will get the text? I have tried to go online to change and just says ' in progress'. Will there be a charge for this?

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

It is usually a few days before the services are due to go active. So it is likely to be dispatched on the 10th or 11th if your services are due to be active on the 13th. 

But that's not 100%. Just look out for a text with Royal Mail tracking info on it. 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion