Discussion topic: Spam or Bad Organisation?

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Spam or Bad Organisation?

I cancelled my Sky contract in March of this year. Downloaded the QR Code and posted the Router & QBox back to Sky as requested. On checking the tracker for this parcel, it is still waiting at a Royal Mail Depot, although now out of my hands. End of what should be a straight forward story? Not a chance! Over the past few weeks I'm consistantly receiving text messages and emails from Sky stating the equipment hasn't been returned and I will have to pay them an additional charge for this. I've sent many emails to them explaining, even the screen shot from Royal Mail showing the tracking update. Still they send emails. The latest one?? I now have received two further emails from DPD and Sky to say my parcel is due to be delivered today .... To what address and what for??!! I no longer live at the address they have, hence the reason for my cancelling the contract and I cancelled all Sky products!! Trying to call Sky is a shambles, I just want an end to this chaos. Has anyone experienced similar?

All Replies

Topic Author

Scam or Bad Organisation

Update on the Scam or bad organisation!

I've gone onto DPD and it seems Sky have returned the good to my old address! I no longer live there but cannot cancel the delivery. I have now moved the date for this delivery forward to next week and HOPEFULLY this will be resolved by the. Copy details can be provided from DPD. This is ridiculous.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Spam or Bad Organisation?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous wrote:

I cancelled my Sky contract in March of this year. Downloaded the QR Code and posted the Router & QBox back to Sky as requested. 

Where did ypu download it from? I've not heard of this before (others may have). Sky send packaging and a postage paid reply address for the return of their equipment to the address they have on record for you.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Anonymous wrote:

I've sent many emails to them explaining, even the screen shot from Royal Mail showing the tracking update. 

Sky don't tend to use email as a communication method, so what email address were you communicating with, as its likely you may have just been sending it to unmanned email addresses that no one at Sky would ever see.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Topic Author

I've sent correspondence supporting the fact I have sent the items back to Sky via their requested form of delivery to various email addresses for Sky - help at sky customer support (if I wrote this as an actual email address with the 'at' symbol, this message I'm writing now if blocked for some reason! - this is the main email and have received replies from members staff working at Sky, although non of them were very helpful or acknowledged the situation. On my replies to these emails, I also copied and pasted the delivery proof recepit and tracking information for them to cleary see this had been actioned on my side. When they replied back, it was just to ask for further details (they don't need to know anymore of my personal details ... I am no longer with Sky!!) and, for some reason, had taken off the email feed I had included as reference. If you could provide an alternative email, I'll be more than happy to send ALL correspondence to yourself.

Topic Author

As an additional comment, for your information (albeit I have informed the Sky help people already), I am now based in France hence my not wishing to call Sky and be kept on hold, preferring email as a communication method

Topic Author

Ridiculous again!! I have just called the number provided - again, I can't write this numerically - of which I was assured wouldn't be an automated number and would go directly to an actual human being, only to go through to an automated speaker! I have a choice to carry on communicating via whatsapp - NO! I have taken screen shots of all these conversations, along with having copies of all correspondence ... and the tracking screen shot of the delivery of items - would it be best if I passed this onto Martin Lewis and asked if his team could investigate further? I suffer from anxiety and stress, this is now affecting my health.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Anonymous 

To see if they can help you with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you will have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Topic Author

They sent an email and I clicked on the link which then took me through to a Sky webpage which had a QR code to dowload. I had to then take this to the postoffice and they packed this and sent via their delivery company. I have the tracking number and it states it definitely left the post office and was at the Midlands Hub

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to @Anonymous to chat.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you @Sharon72 . If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion