Discussion topic: April 2024 bill

This message was authored by Ash+89 This message was authored by: Ash+89

April 2024 bill

I moved over to broadband with you guys in April 22 2024 but was not told I would have to pay an extra charge. I have been quoting you guys for the last four weeks And still have not had a response on why I have been charged extra on top of my agreed Price . Now the bill keeps accumulating more . I have been Customer for five years and Never had a problem with Payments. The member of the SKY team who sold me the Broadman package did not say anything about an extra charge. You can go back to the recorded conversation and listen to exactly what he said as I clearly asked him A number of times Is there gonna be any extra charges and he said no, you will pay for just your broadband and SKY TV together which would Something like £61 . Plus, he did not tell me I would have to pay for the cancellation of my previous broadband provider first before Sky gives me the credit to pay back  . Nobody has contact me back regarding this situation. I have been calling for four weeks straight. . With the stress of the situation I really do not want to be a Sky customer normal as you're selling products to people with explaining the terms and conditions. This is absolutely Terrible the way you scam your customers and get them into contracts . Therefore, I will not be paying any further bills until I get Somebody responding to my April bill . 

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: April 2024 bill

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ash+89 wrote:

Therefore, I will not be paying any further bills until I get Somebody responding to my April bill . 

Withholding payment will not resolve this issue.  (In fact it will make it much harder to deal with, you'll be in direct breach of contract, your services will be restricted and you won't be able to talk to Sky until the debt is cleared)

You are talking to other customers here and not directly to Sky.

If you want some help here you may have to provide some more detail - if you've paid more than expected this is usually because the bill covers a period more than one month.  (As the contract stipulates one month in advance charging)  Check your fully itemised bills carefully.

In terms of cancellation charges you have to pay the previous provider and then claim a credit (Up to £100 per service) from sky: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/switching-credit-offer

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Ash+89 wrote:

Plus, he did not tell me I would have to pay for the cancellation of my previous broadband provider first before Sky gives me the credit to pay back  . 

Any ISP offering such a thing operates that way: there's no mechanism for them to query another ISP about what's owed and then make a payment directly (and would raise serious GDPR issues)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Ash+89 

Very little to add to the post from @PandJ2020 Withholding payments will certainly increase your problems as your services will be restricted, you won't be able to call Sky, you'll be subject to late payment charges, you won't be able to cancel whilst restricted and continued non payment with mean Sky will pass the debt to a Debt Collection Agency. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Ash+89
Topic Author

So you're advising me to pay the extra charges, even though they told me I would not have to pay extra charges which I asked the guy three times are you sure there's not gonna be no extra charges and he clearly said yes there will be no extra charges. You just have to pay Sky bill  . and I have spoke to 3 members of SKY team and they have all told me a manager will be calling me in the next 2-3 days and it's now been five weeks . 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Ash+89 

Have you put a stop on your continuous payment method yet or are you just threatening to at this stage? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

@Ash+89 wrote:

So you're advising me to pay the extra charges, even though they told me I would not have to pay extra charges which I asked the guy three times are you sure there's not gonna be no extra charges and he clearly said yes there will be no extra charges. You just have to pay Sky bill  . and I have spoke to 3 members of SKY team and they have all told me a manager will be calling me in the next 2-3 days and it's now been five weeks . 

We are advising you don't withhold payment - for the reasons described above.  But you are free to ignore this advice.  (If there actually is an overcharge then Sky should credit it)

It's not clear what 'extra charges' are...  Are you saying the charge is higher than expected?  What do future bills show?  Have you looked at the itemised bill as advised?  (Initial bills can be higher than a full month as also explained above)

Ash+89
Topic Author

Like  I have already said in my previous message I have spoke to 3 or 4 members of SKY team all telling me a manager is going to be calling me . and yet it has been five weeks .. the Extra charges are for the broadband being installed two weeks before my billing date is due and they have charged me an extra £26. The main problem here is the fact that I clearly asked a guy more than three times Who sold me the product  is there going to be any extra charges and he clearly said no And I have discussed this with the member of Sky team they have told me they will listen back to the recorded conversation and credit me if I am correct but like And I have had no response or email or I can't keep calling them every single day .

@Ash+89 wrote:

the Extra charges are for the broadband being installed two weeks before my billing date is due and they have charged me an extra £26. 

That bill should be for those 2 weeks and 4 weeks in advance.  It's still not clear if this is an 'extra charge' or simply paying for 6 weeks as expected?

Ash+89
Topic Author

Like I have already said I have spoke to the members of the team. They told me it's an extra charge of £26 on top of my normal 4 weeks bill which should be £61. . 

@Ash+89 wrote:

Like I have already said I have spoke to the members of the team. They told me it's an extra charge of £26 on top of my normal 4 weeks bill which should be £61. . 

We're going in circles - either the charge is correct or it's not.  If you've had the services for those 2 weeks then you are expected to pay for them.  (The bill could well be more than the monthly charge of £61 if it's for longer than 4 weeks)

Do the detailed bills (which show all the date ranges) show the correct charge for those date ranges?

Whilst the monthly amount is £61 it could be higher as explained.  You've not answered what future bills are showing - if future bills are showing £61 then it's likely to be correct.  (Although you may be subject to a price rise in July)

@Ash+89 wrote:

Like I have already said I have spoke to the members of the team. 

And just to be clear - you're talking to other customers here...

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion