Discussion topic: Sky requesting the return of 3 mini boxes after cancellation when I only ever had 2

This message was authored by JacintaK This message was authored by: JacintaK

Sky requesting the return of 3 mini boxes after cancellation when I only ever had 2

I recently cancelled sky after 19 years due to a house move, I returned all the equipment I had, 2TB Box, Hub / Router, 2 mini boxes.

In the returns package Sky listed 3 mini boxes (I only ever had 2 in addition to the main box), they have accepted the return of all other equipment including remotes, however are now threatening to charge me for a mini box I never had.  There would be no use for 3 mini boxes so it is quite confusing.

Is someone able to escalate for me please?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky requesting the return of 3 mini boxes after cancellation when I only ever had 2

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JacintaK wrote:

In the returns package Sky listed 3 mini boxes (I only ever had 2 in addition to the main box),

Did the reurn package also mention the main Sky Q box ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
JacintaK
Topic Author

Re: Sky requesting the return of 3 mini boxes after cancellation when I only ever had 2

Thanks for the reply, yes it did. It referenced the following :-

Sky Q Mini box
Sky Q 2TB UHD Non-HDR

Sky Q Mini box
Sky Q Mini box
Sky Q Hub

However I took one mini out at installation for an upstairs room and then one mini a few years later for the main bedroom., never a third mini.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JacintaK 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you sometime tomorrow morning regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you will have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. To start the conversation just type in it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
JacintaK
Topic Author

Thanks so much for your help.

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to @JacintaK to chat.

JacintaK
Topic Author

Thanks very much for everyone who helped with this.  Tom in Customer Service was really excellent, a really credit to the company.  The sky community here provides a great service, it is really appreciated.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion