Discussion topic: Sky Signature Query

This message was authored by NigelBond This message was authored by: NigelBond

Sky Signature Query

I noticed today that I was paying £162 a month for Sky, Sky Sports+, Sky Cinema, Sky Talk and Broadband.

That's way too expensive SO I decided to get rid of Cinema, which I never watch, and Sport which isn't worth £38 a month to me

So I went on online chat and I was told I could get all the same packages and faster broadband for £123 a month, by going onto Sky Signature. He also said that was only £4 a month dearer than if I cancel Cinema And Sports.

So I went with that deal, but my estimated bill for Oct and Nov is showing as £147. I can't see how it's going to come down to £123.The assistant did say it might be higher for the next couple of months.  But I'm concerned that was said just to stop me cancelling before the cooling off period. 

I feel I may have been taken for a ride. Any thoughts? Thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess Answer

Re: Sky Signature Query

I would check your future bills & if these show an incorrect amount you'll have to give Sky a call.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess Answer

I would check your future bills & if these show an incorrect amount you'll have to give Sky a call.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You must have been on an old base package as Sky Signature has been the default one for a few years so by changing it can sometimes save you money. Due to the way the billing works it might be that you next few bills are higher due to the fact we pay in advance so a future bill could cover a longer period that the usual 4 weeks as it will be back dated to the date you made this change on so for now all you can do is to keep an eye on your future bills and if they continue to show that bill will rise then contact Sky again giving then the date and time you spoke to them about this so if needs be they can listen to what was said to you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NigelBond  your first couple of bills after a change can indeed be higher but from month 3 they should reflect the new agreed price so as @twilight+princess suggested check your future bills 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
NigelBond
Topic Author
This message was authored by NigelBond This message was authored by: NigelBond

Thanks for the responses. I hadn't heard of Sky Signature until today, so, yes, I must have been on an old package.

I expected the estimated bill for September to be out, as obviously I've made this change part way through September. It's estimated at around £145 for September so I was surprised that Oct and Nov's estimated bills were then £2 dearer. But it sounds like this could be normal, from what you all say, so  I'll keep an eye on it to see what happens

Thanks again

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion