Discussion topic: Sky Signature Price Protection offer

This message was authored by SJA23 This message was authored by: SJA23

Sky Signature Price Protection offer

Hi folks,

First time poster,  hoping someone has had experience with this as it's got myself and what would appear to be multiple advisors at Sky stumped!

I have been trying to upgrade my broadband from super to ultrafast -  assume I should be seeing a £7 increase as this is the price difference between old vs new. I go into my online account on Sky's website, try to upgrade myself and I'm hit with a "technical error, it's not you it's us" message and can't go any further.

When asking an advisor if they can process this for me seeing as I can't myself I find them coming back with amounts varying between £15 and £24pm extra (I've tried a couple times now with different amounts every time...). The first time I was told by the advisor that my bill may actually land up cheaper than I'm currently paying but he couldn't guarantee it as I had a "sky signature price protection offer" on my account and he didn't know if it would stay on. I replied telling them that if they cannot tell me the actual price I'd be paying before I agree to any sort of deal they'd be crazy to think I'd go ahead.

Has anyone else had any experience with this so called price promise or heard of anyone else having this? The advisor seemed to think it was randomly added to my account but I can't see it as part of my discounts etc on my bill. A simple upgrade has somehow turned near impossible as I can't get a firm answer from anyone!

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: Sky Signature Price Protection offer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Do you have TV?  (As Signature is the base TV package)

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SJA23 

Sky Signature is subscription satellite television: any deal on that shouldn't be related to a broadband upgrade price.  You would, however, typically be starting a new minimum subscription term on the broadband.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
SJA23
Topic Author
This message was authored by SJA23 This message was authored by: SJA23

Yes I have tv through Sky also - should have made that clear. 

I would have thought a new broadband contract would have no effect on my tv deal however I may be wrong 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion