Discussion topic: Sky Signature Price Increase January 2024

This message was authored by Vestoffon This message was authored by: Vestoffon

Re: Sky Signature Price Increase January 2024

Its on my bill for December 2023 £31 

March £32  to December 2023

Jan  Feb March 2024 £34

no win situation if you have a 18 month contract it should stay same price for 18 months May 2024 my contract ends I will leave

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Vestoffon wrote:

Jan  Feb March 2024 £34

the list price is £34 - it's been that since last April.  So, as above, paying £32 is below list which is strange.

But I agree it shouldn't change.  It does seem to be a breach of contract - depending on what your communication was...

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

What's on your bill isn't proof though as that just shows what Sky has charged you rather than the price you agreed when you signed up. What your bill states can't dispute Skys argument that they have been undercharging you only the written confirmation of what you agreed for your contract can act as the proof.

@Vestoffon wrote:

Jan  Feb March 2024 £34

no win situation if you have a 18 month contract it should stay same price for 18 months May 2024 my contract ends I will leave

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@MarkGoldsmith wrote:

What's on your bill isn't proof though as that just shows what Sky has charged you rather than the price you agreed when you signed up. What your bill states can't dispute Skys argument that they have been undercharging you only the written confirmation of what you agreed for your contract can act as the proof.

@Vestoffon wrote:

Jan  Feb March 2024 £34

Exactly. What's on your bill is immaterial. What counts is the confirmation Sky sent you, as per my previous post.

This message was authored by redcurlypanda This message was authored by: redcurlypanda

I too have received the £2 a month increase from today onwards.

My price was £19.65 after being discounted for 18 months from 10/03/2023.

Second year in a row I have seen a price increase with no warning.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@redcurlypanda the same advice goes to you. What price on your initial contract confirmation did Sky tell you they were going to charge you? 

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by redcurlypanda This message was authored by: redcurlypanda

@MarkGoldsmith 

My contract states £19.65 for 18 months.

So I assume that when I manage to navigate the phone system & speak to someone, the price I signed up for is the price I should be paying.

@redcurlypanda wrote:

@MarkGoldsmith 

My contract states £19.65 for 18 months.

So I assume that when I manage to navigate the phone system & speak to someone, the price I signed up for is the price I should be paying.

Indeed, if that is what was stated on the confirmation you got from Sky then they have to honour that, asside from the annual price rise they do in April for the UK, which is stipulated in the T&Cs of the contract

NOT a Sky Employee

@MarkGoldsmith 

Thanks for confirming.

@MarkGoldsmith 

So I have just rung Sky & finally managed to speak to someone re my contract & they are adamant that the only part of an 18 month contract they have to honour is the discount.  

@redcurlypanda wrote:

@MarkGoldsmith 

So I have just rung Sky & finally managed to speak to someone re my contract & they are adamant that the only part of an 18 month contract they have to honour is the discount.  

I don't see how that can be correct when you have written confirmation of the price that was agreed when you took out the contract ( obvioulsy the discounts were part of that price), The T&Cs   state Sky can only do one price rise (which is the annual April price rise that all customers get), so it sounds like Sky are actually breaching the contract giving you a price rise that isn't related to a discount expiring.

I'd suggest contacting the Sky Complaints Team and look at getting this resolved: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

NOT a Sky Employee

@MarkGoldsmith 

Thanks for your response.

Complaints it is.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@redcurlypanda wrote:

@MarkGoldsmith 

They have to honour the whole contract (as do you).  I too would argue that changing underlying prices twice would be a breach of that contract (11.7): (my emphasis)

"...we may increase the then standard price of each TV subscription service only once in any
12 month period and the increase will not be more than 10% or the increase in the UK Retail Price Index over the 12 months before we tell you about that price increase, whichever is greater."

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Vestoffon This message was authored by: Vestoffon

Sky contracts arnt worth the paper they are writen on they change the rules to suite them selves their T&C state 1 price increase a Year April time

1st price increase in March +£1

2nd May+£1

3Rd January +£2

Thats 3 in 13 months

dont mater how you butter it or make excuses sky WIN customer Looses Out

This message was authored by J0J080 This message was authored by: J0J080

Came to see if anyone else seeing £2 rise on packages.

I renewed my package October, 2023  but bills during 2024 are £2 higher.

Checked through emails to see if I missed notification but nothing showing.

Looked online for something but not seeing announcements 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion