Discussion topic: Sky Q refund

This message was authored by Nuttynatty26 This message was authored by: Nuttynatty26

Sky Q refund

So I switched from sky Q to Sky Glass and have a refund on my bill. How long did everyone else wait to get their refund? Did you have to request it or did it automatically go into your bank?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky Q refund

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I think this link might explain this:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/bills-and-payments-sky-glass-first-bill-after-switching

We’ll then adjust your next Sky+ or Sky Q bill and refund you for any days you already paid for in advance but didn’t use because you switched over to streaming TV. Credit will be applied to your next bill and a refund will be issued to your bank within 45 days. Or if you've got Sky Broadband, it'll be taken off your next broadband bill.

If you are a Sky Broadband customer the credit will be used to pay this bill.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Nuttynatty26 

Do you also have Sky Broadband? If you do the money will go towards paying your Broadband and Sky Talk bill. Otherwise it could take 6 weeks to be returned. If you call Sky they can refund in 3-5 working days. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Nuttynatty26
Topic Author
This message was authored by Nuttynatty26 This message was authored by: Nuttynatty26

Thank you. I will give them a call today and see if they can issue the refund now, if not I'll wait and get the money in February. Will they only issue the refund if they've got my Sky Q box back as I haven't received the packaging to return it yet.

Thank you

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Nuttynatty26 wrote:

Will they only issue the refund if they've got my Sky Q box back as I haven't received the packaging to return it yet.

@Nuttynatty26 

I'm not sure that is a condition of the refund being issued. Packaging is sent out a bit later when you change to Glass. This is just in case you can't get on with it and want to revert back to Sky Q. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  
Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation. 
Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147  

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - Spoken to Nuttynatty26, the credit is not on the Q account yet as the billing cycle has not completed, so we will return to the account when this is available and action the refund 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion