Discussion topic: SKY Q Multiscreen on bill

This message was authored by Darren+Barton This message was authored by: Darren+Barton

SKY Q Multiscreen on bill

Just been checking my bill and found ive been paying for sky Q multiscreen all these years without knowing what it actuallyy was. So i have just the main Sky Q box in the house and as far as i know you are supposed to be receive a mini box as part of the mutliscreen and i never did.  When i ve contacted sky and demanded a refund for the last 24+ months at 15 quid all they tell me is we will have to call you back.  Where do i actually stand as ive been paying for something ive never received since the Sky Q contract was started many years ago.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: SKY Q Multiscreen on bill

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Darren+Barton wrote:

So i have just the main Sky Q box in the house and as far as i know you are supposed to be receive a mini box as part of the mutliscreen and i never did. 

Not necessarily. A Multiscreen subscription unlocks (or did previously) options such as UHD.

I doubt Sky will offer you a refund of the full 24 months in any event, as you've raised it only now. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

I would think it was be surprising if Sky added this without your knowledge so it must have been ordered when you starting with Sky Q. While you are right a multiscreen sub covers a Sky Q mini box it also allows you to install the Sky Go app on a mobile or tablet and connect this to your Q box to watch your recordings back via it.

If you are sure you did not order it yourself then I would suggest putting in a complaint by filling in the form on this page:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

@Darren+Barton wrote:

So i have just the main Sky Q box in the house and as far as i know you are supposed to be receive a mini box as part of the mutliscreen and i never did. 

Not necessarily. A Multiscreen subscription unlocks (or did previously) options such as UHD.

I doubt Sky will offer you a refund of the full 24 months in any event, as you've raised it only now. 

This message was authored by Marky669 This message was authored by: Marky669

Why do we have  to pay a monthly extra subscription for multiscreen with Sky Q?

We pay for the extra minibox up front, so it's not like a monthly rental of equipment charge, and there's no second viewer card to maintain and update like there was with Sky+.

When there is only one viewer card, as with Sky Q, I cannot see how Sky have any extra costs to justify the multiscreen charge.

They charge for the basic Signature package, and the Sky Sports package add-on, fine.

But then there are all the little extras added on - Sky HD, Sky Sports HD, Multiscreen, Sky Ultra etc.

By the time they have finished, you are paying an extra £25/month or more for just a basic subscription.

All TVs are HD now, so what is the 'extra' add-on charge for?

It's all a racket as there is no competition to keep the cost of subscription TV reasonable.

Yet people complain about the TV licence that gives you 10 x more quality viewing for a fifth of the cost!

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Marky669 wrote:

Because Sky choose to charge for it. You don't have to pay, of course, just don't sign up for it.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Marky669 wrote:

We pay for the extra minibox up front, so it's not like a monthly rental of equipment charge, and there's no second viewer card to maintain and update like there was with Sky+.

When there is only one viewer card, as with Sky Q, I cannot see how Sky have any extra costs to justify the multiscreen charge.

They charge for the basic Signature package, and the Sky Sports package add-on, fine.

But then there are all the little extras added on - Sky HD, Sky Sports HD, Multiscreen, Sky Ultra etc.

By the time they have finished, you are paying an extra £25/month or more for just a basic subscription.

All TVs are HD now, so what is the 'extra' add-on charge for?

It's all a racket as there is no competition to keep the cost of subscription TV reasonable.

Yet people complain about the TV licence that gives you 10 x more quality viewing for a fifth of the cost!

@Marky669 to be clear what you pay upfront is a loan fee for the mini box hardware not a purchase price , it doesn't cover subscription fees that's where multi screen comes in 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion