Discussion topic: Returning customer to Sky - cannot access Sky Go or billing info

This message was authored by Stephen+Harrison This message was authored by: Stephen+Harrison

Returning customer to Sky - cannot access Sky Go or billing info

I am a returning customer to Sky and since returning with my old account, I have been unable to access the billing info or Sky Go as it says I do have have the subscription when I do.

I have read other forum posts explaining that I need to unlink my Sky ID from my old account and add it to my new one, but I've no idea what my new account would be. I have only got the email address from my old account and was never given other details as I assumed they could just re-open my old account.

Can anyone help me understand why and fix this problem please?

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Returning customer to Sky - cannot access Sky Go or billing info

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

That is correct you can't so you will need to use a different one, if you haven't got one then you could set one up at somewhere like Gmail.com or Outlook.com and use instead.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

Stephen+Harrison
Topic Author
This message was authored by Stephen+Harrison This message was authored by: Stephen+Harrison

Forgot to mention - when i go into my account summary, it says "Your account is closed".

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Stephen+Harrison If you left Sky and are rejoining after more than 12 months away your old account would have been closed and a new one created

If you want to use the same email address as the old account you need to remove and replace it with a different address on the old account first

You can do this yourself via this link

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details#M1014

Once done your free to create a new sky id using the same email address here

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/welcome-to-sky#M1014

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
Stephen+Harrison
Topic Author

Am i meant to do this under sky ID section or under the SKY account section?

@Stephen+Harrison  Using the first link login to your old account and remove the email replacing it with a a dummy one

then using the second link create a new sky id using the email address you just removed from the old account and link the new account to the new sky id

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

You need to login to the old account that says it is closed via this link:

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details

Remove the email address by adding something else there, it does matter what you enter then save it and logout.

Then set yourself a new Sky ID here:

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-id/sky-id

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Stephen+Harrison
Topic Author

so i clicked on the first link and then changed my email to my work one, and had to verify it via my work email. now when i try the 2nd link, it's a guide on how to create a new Sky ID - it simply says attempt to log into sky.com and when i do this just asks for a password rather than trying to set it up again?

You need to be logged out when you try to setup a new ID so did you do this after changing the email address on your old account ?

@Stephen+Harrison  Have you tried the second link @caesarome posted 

Stephen+Harrison
Topic Author

Yes I was logged out, will explain my actions here:

Email address from originally signing up with SKy will be labelled Email A

Dummy email will be labelled email B (my work email)

I closed my browser, logged into sky.com with email A, went into my details and under the Sky ID section, updated the email there with email B. 

I then signed out, went to log back into sky.com with email A. Was met with a password where I was expecting to link it to another acount but was told to verify using email B so I did this.

Would this also be the reason my account is showing as closed?

Stephen+Harrison
Topic Author

I also don't have the option to choose "unlink your old account" when following the help articles to unlink sky ID

This is where you are going wrong:

@Stephen+Harrison wrote:

went to log back into sky.com with email A.

You can't do this as you need to set up a new Sky ID as stated above so forgot about email A instead set up a new Sky ID, you can use email A as the required email address on the account if you want.

Stephen+Harrison
Topic Author

When I enter email A into the form to create a new user ID it just says I cannot use a sky email 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

That is correct you can't so you will need to use a different one, if you haven't got one then you could set one up at somewhere like Gmail.com or Outlook.com and use instead.

Stephen+Harrison
Topic Author

Thanks, I've done this and now logged in. 

The only issue now is that although sky go will work on my laptop, it does not on my iPad. Would you perhaps know why? 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion