Discussion topic: Residential Address Change

This message was authored by gracon411 This message was authored by: gracon411

Residential Address Change

Hi

Hoping somebody will escalate this to the correct team at Sky

I have an expired account with Sky TV which is tied to my old residential address and my email address. I want to take out a new TV sub at my new address but there's nowhere to change my residential address on the site, could anyone help?

thanks in advance

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Residential Address Change

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@gracon411   If you left Sky and then returned after being away for a year then your account will have been closed as you have discovered so you will need to set up a new Sky ID.

If you want to use the same email address then you need to it from the old account first as this will then free it up allowing it to be used when setting your new ID up. You can do this by logging into the old account here:

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details

Then delete the email address by providing another one and logout of this account, this will then free it up to use when setting up your new Sky ID:

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-id/sky-id

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

@gracon411   If you left Sky and then returned after being away for a year then your account will have been closed as you have discovered so you will need to set up a new Sky ID.

If you want to use the same email address then you need to it from the old account first as this will then free it up allowing it to be used when setting your new ID up. You can do this by logging into the old account here:

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details

Then delete the email address by providing another one and logout of this account, this will then free it up to use when setting up your new Sky ID:

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-id/sky-id

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

How long ago were you a Sky subscriber?

If it's more than 18 months ago you'll re-subscribe as a new customer, with a new SkyID so your old address won't matter.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@gracon411 wrote:

I have an expired account with Sky TV which is tied to my old residential address and my email address.

How long ago did you leave Sky at this address ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
gracon411
Topic Author
This message was authored by gracon411 This message was authored by: gracon411

Hi

Thanks, I was actually able to use the SkyID unlink link today which yesterday wasn't working and was returning a 404 error.

So all good now, thank you to everyone who responded so quickly to this question, I do appreciate it!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion