Discussion topic: Refund to wrong account

This message was authored by Kitxxx This message was authored by: Kitxxx

Refund to wrong account

So..... had a DD for mobile go as normal but after checking the app it had me confused that it had not gone due to a date change. So I made a manual payment. 

low and behold it got paid twice so I requested the £150 refund which was confirmed over the phone with my bank details that are also the ones used as my DD. 
3 weeks on and nothing.  Sky have paid the money to an account that is not mine and was not given to them. After many many many calls and repeated conversations it appears they have sent it to an account my DD used to come from..... This was over 12 months ago and was not the ones given to them nor the ones on the system.  This is assuming that is true.

im now told I have to wait another 10 days and if the money comes back I request a refund again. 

really!!! They have admitted the mistake and every phone call is thank you for being with us for 12 years and spending hundreds each month. But I'm afraid we cannot give you 'your' money back yet. If ever!!!  

a multi billion pound bunch of key pushers that seem to have no answer other than what is printed in front of them. 

suggestions on a postcard. 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Refund to wrong account

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

There is nothing us customers can say other than to wait to see what happens within these 10 days and if you feel that strong put in an official complaint:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

I know you say you got muddled do to a date change but even doing that wouldn't stop a direct debit from being taken so there should never be anytime you would need to make a manual payment unless your services have been suspended which shouldn't happen if the funds for the DD are available when it is taken.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

They would have got the bank details from the information they hold for you on their billing system. You agreed in your contract with Sky that they could hold and use any payment details you've given them.

Are you not able to recover the money from whoever owns that account, bearing in mind it was where your direct debit was previously being paid from?

Kitxxx
Topic Author
This message was authored by Kitxxx This message was authored by: Kitxxx

But the point is this. 

how can they not know the account details on file other than the last 2 but still able to transfer to an account that has not been active with them for other a year and also ignore the account details I gave them verbally and they have as an active account. 

I do not recall who the old acct was with but I would then have to do the chasing of banks again or indeed ex Wife if the account was a joint one. 

my point is that sky have made an error. How I do not know as it would be harder to do what they have done rather than do it properly, yet I'm the one doing the chasing or waiting or just not being listened to properly. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

I don't believe they've made an error, since you agreed they could use whatever payment details they have on record for you. 

If you don't want to recover the refund from the recipient, it seems that you'll have to wait as Sky suggested, or raise a complaint, as previously suggested, if you believe you have grounds.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion