Discussion topic: Re: Advice on cancelling my contract early

This message was authored by JandY This message was authored by: JandY

Re: Advice on cancelling my contract early

I left broadband early,  just had bill 220.

**bleep**ers all in small print apparently ...still have tv full package and 2 sims

gonner have big row with them tomorrow 

lol

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JandY 

Have a read of this:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/charges-for-ending-your-sky-contract-early

If you were in a contract then they are within their rights to levy an early termination charge.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
JandY
Topic Author

Cancelling broadband sky are robbers

So i Cancelled my broadband, didnt realize was still in contract.  just got bill for £220 for canceling!

Although i still give them £140 a month for tv pacakage and £30 for 2 sims... feel cheated,

HATE SKY, so cancelled getting a better deal but still getting billed for a product im not using .

any advice (other than shouldnt of left before checking contract ) would be very helpfull thanks in advance 

JandY
Topic Author

What 200 pounds and more !

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@JandY Quite possibly yes, the early termination fee's are based on how long you have left on your minimum term when you cancel.

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

Re: Cancelling broadband sky are robbers

@JandY Unfortunatley there is no advice anyone can give you, Sky are quite within their rights to ask for early termination fees if you cancel while still within a minimum term, the only ways to leave without penalty is due to persistant faults that cant be fixed, Sky not being able to achieve the minimum guaranteed speed or when you receive notice of the annual price rise( which happened in April).

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Cancelling broadband sky are robbers

@daveNOS wrote:

@JandY Unfortunatley there is no advice anyone can give you, Sky are quite within their rights to ask for early termination fees if you cancel while still within a minimum term, the only ways to leave without penalty is due to persistant faults that cant be fixed, Sky not being able to achieve the minimum guaranteed speed or when you receive notice of the annual price rise( which happened in April).

@JandY  to add to the bib you must give notice within 31 days of receiving the notification in order to cancel penalty free 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@JandY wrote:

Typically the early exit fee is around 60% of the subscription which would have been due over the remaining minimum term.  At a very rough guess, £200 might be about 10 months.

Keeping Sky Television and Mobile has no bearing on the issue: those are entirely different contracts.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@JandY wrote:

How much were you payig each month and how long left was there on the 18 month contract ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion