Discussion topic: Price hike April 2024

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: Why are Sky allowed to increase prices during contract?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous wrote:

Surely that defeats the point of having a contract?

Have you actually read it?  It will answer your question.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Price hike April 2024

@Ian+Court wrote:

The fact is that communications providers should not offer contracts that are longer than the period for which they are willing to fix a price - guaranteed - with no price increases.

It's not a fact. It's your opinion and one I don't necessarily disagree with, but it's OFCOM whi determine what providers should and shouldn't do.

Re: Broadband price rising

@Rondld wrote:

I Recently saved £3.50 on my broadband account for being a loyal customer 16 years. Now I have found out it's going up again !!! Where's the loyalty I'm unhappy withbl this &:will be looking elsewhere for more competitive prices. 

Most other providers are locking in above inflation rises without the right to leave.

Of course, you can get a 'new customer' deal subject to the above...

@Anonymous 

If you want an answer then I'll summarise the contract you've agreed:

1. you always have a contract (the phrase 'in contract' refers to minimum term discounts)

2. The terms of that contract clearly state that prices can change (subject to certain parameters*)

* once per year and by RPI or 10% (of list price)

The broadband contract allows you to leave because of the increase, the TV one doesn't.

This message was authored by tarbat This message was authored by: tarbat

@PandJ2020 wrote:

No, the latest contract conditions have changed the wording "standard list price" for "your option".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TARBAT's SETUP....................Sky Q 2tb v3
Panasonic 65” GZ1500 OLED TV : Yamaha YSP-2700 Soundbar (ARC) : BT Smart Hub 2 & FTTP 900 : BT Disc
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky Community Superuser. 25 Years Diamond VIP

@tarbat wrote:

@PandJ2020 wrote:

No, the latest contract conditions have changed the wording "standard list price" for "your option".

I thought we'd established your situation was peculiar?  The current contract on Sky's website clearly still says standard list price.

This message was authored by tarbat This message was authored by: tarbat

@PandJ2020 wrote:

@tarbat wrote:

@PandJ2020 wrote:

I thought we'd established your situation was peculiar?  The current contract on Sky's website clearly still says standard list price.

I'm not sure. I reckon it's just the latest change in contract conditions, which I received last month with my new 18-month deal. I really can't see why Sky would have singled me out for this change in wording.

TARBAT's SETUP....................Sky Q 2tb v3
Panasonic 65” GZ1500 OLED TV : Yamaha YSP-2700 Soundbar (ARC) : BT Smart Hub 2 & FTTP 900 : BT Disc
Sky Community Superuser. 25 Years Diamond VIP

@tarbat wrote:

@PandJ2020 wrote:

@tarbat wrote:

@PandJ2020 wrote:

I'm not sure. I reckon it's just the latest change in contract conditions, which I received last month with my new 18-month deal. I really can't see why Sky would have singled me out for this change in wording.

You're special 🙂

This message was authored by yozzerscfc This message was authored by: yozzerscfc

Re: Sky prices are going up again in April

Shocking again by Sky. Mine is going up by 11% inflation is at 4. I really think after 30 years it's time to quit after this contract. All to pay for greedy footballers.

Re: Sky prices are going up again in April

@yozzerscfc wrote:

Shocking again by Sky. Mine is going up by 11% inflation is at 4. I really think after 30 years it's time to quit after this contract. All to pay for greedy footballers.

If you can't get a deal you're happy with then vote with your feet.

Of course, many are trapped in 18 month contracts so have to endure at least one round of annual increases.  All major providers do it so there's little relief elsewhere...

This message was authored by Hello+Golds This message was authored by: Hello+Golds

Price rises

I it seems to me price rises has took over the conversation in the community but we don't just get prices put up by sky. Everybody puts prices . But we moan about it, but there is not much we can do apart from that is the question.

This message was authored by StephenSky This message was authored by: StephenSky

Yippeee... a recent price email from Sky.

Just got your regular email from you informing of yet another price rise. Between broadband/landline/TV you'll now be gauging another £100/year from me. Well done, excellent work. After 30 years solid loyalty, I joined Sky in 1994, it's great to see such long loyalty being rewarded.

Keep up the great work, and I look forward to my next price wise, after all, who really needs to squander money on food & heat 😂

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Price rises

@Hello+Golds I've added your post to the thread you previously started. 

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Leaving Sky if not happy with price increase?

I got an email the other day to say that SKY were increasing their prices, and it said if I wasn't happy with the increase I could cancel my Sky Broadband and/or Talk and/or Boost within 30 days without incurring penalty charges.

Anyone know if the same applies to TV, as TV price is going up too?

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Leaving Sky if not happy with price increase?

@Anonymous  It doesn't apply to tv contracts 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion