Discussion topic: Price hike April 2024

This message was authored by Dexta22 This message was authored by: Dexta22

Re: Price hike April 2024

Unsubscribed from this condescending, profit cheering bunch of sky lackeys.

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Re: April Increase.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@sanbenel wrote:

You used to be able to cancel your contract if there was an increase in price mid contract. You only had 30 days to do it. Is this still the case. 

Hi @sanbenel   For TV it used to be in the terms and conditions that you could leave if the annual price increased by 10% or more. Sky are very careful to ensure that it is less than 10%.

This message was authored by Dan124 This message was authored by: Dan124

Bill increase

Hi there I left sky last year because you kept increasing my dd payment. You then begged me to come back with 1,0000 telephone calls daily. I decide to come back after discussing this with one of your colleagues.. I'm now around 3 months into my new sky and your already sending me emails notifying me of a dd increase! I'm not happy and if you carry on I will cancel my contract with you and io just go get a firestick and watch iptv! (removed)

kind regards 

Danny 

Moderator note: Removed inappropriate language

This message was authored by Ney02 This message was authored by: Ney02

Re: April Increase.

I got an email yesterday and my FTTC is going up by £3.50 from 1st April. So will be £34.50 a month from April.

My contract runs out in September and if I dont get a good deal then or if Openreach FTTP is still not in my part of the street . I may think of looking elsewhere for my broadband.

The sooner mid contract price risers come to an end the better.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@Dexta22 wrote:

This forum removes anything critical and it's manned by a bunch of sky employees. 

Not true - the majority of us are clearly marked as customers. We only tell it as it is - if people don't read or understand the contracts they enter then that's their lookout. Indeed, if I can't negotiate a good discount when my minimum term expires then I'll be cancelling too...

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Bill increase

@Dan124 

We are customers here so you are not talking to Sky support.

If you have a TV contract it is unlikely Sky would let you leave as the T&Cs that you agreed to does allow Sky to increase the price once per year.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

@Dan124 wrote:

Hi there I left sky last year because you kept increasing my dd payment. You then begged me to come back with 1,0000 telephone calls daily. I decide to come back after discussing this with one of your colleagues.. I'm now around 3 months into my new sky and your already sending me emails notifying me of a dd increase! I'm not happy and if you carry on I will cancel my contract with you and io just go get a firestick and watch iptv! (removed)

You're not talking to Sky here - just other customers.  There is always an increase every April - if this contract is TV then you cannot cancel if within a minimum term (usually for 18 months).

This message was authored by Rob11 This message was authored by: Rob11

@Dexta22  I have had posts removed and edited by moderators here on the grounds that I posted info that was against the rules.  By the way I bought a Firestick and it is terrific.  My experience with SKY was bitter sweet,  I ditched them as they are bad value and sneakily put prices up during a contract you are locked into.  I have nothing but contempt for them and now the whole family have ditched them.  While once they bent over backwards to come to a deal,  it is now run by Comcast one of the USA's biggest, greed driven and ruthess behemoths.  Big Corps just love peope who never question prices and the UK is fast becoming like the US where they say 80% of the people live paycheck to paycheck. SKY are now a great example of 'computer says no' leaving no room for the sales guys to close or add a few giveaways and seal a deal.

I got rid of SKY last year and I can honestly say it was amazing to discover all the free stuff out there, plus how Netflix can be as low as £4.99pm and ITVx is free although I upgraded to £54 per year to have their premium service.  How much money I had wasted over the years paying SKY for an overpriced TV service much of what can be had free and a lot I never watched at all.  And why do SKY keep sending me deals to come back at prices three or four ar ten times the price of other streamers.. Strange thing is,  had SKY acted with a bit of business acumen when I called them to cancel maybe I woud have stayed,  but like many others who have eft them,  once you have made the break and realise that it is a huge waste of money, there is no going back.  

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Dan124 wrote:

kind regards 

Danny 

Moderator note: Removed inappropriate language

Thats expected, Sky as all providers do, will do an annual price increase, which typically happens in April, as it is this year. This is all covered in the T&Cs of the contract and if you have Sky Broadband you can leave penalty free within the first 30 days of being notified of the price rise.

This is the only time a year Sky do price increases, any other increases that occur would be due to any in-contract discounts you have expiring. Most in-contract discounts will last the length of your 18 month minimum terms.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

@Rob11 wrote:

@Dexta22   I ditched them as they are bad value and sneakily put prices up during a contract you are locked into.  

If you don't see it as good value then of course don't subscribe.  However, price rises are not sneaky - it's all in plain sight within the contract.

April price rises (for almost all comms firms) have been here for decades.  I'm still amazed about the amount of people that are surprised by them.

@PandJ2020  There is a deluge of SKY compaints on TRUSPILOT where they score a miserable 14/50 or 1.4 out of 5 for customer service.  Most peope think they sign an 18month contract and they pay that price for 18 months and how many think they have to delve into reams of T&C s to trust a company.  

What is the point of a contract that allows them to put up their price, it's unfair!  Plaese do not quote T& C's as I have ditched SKY and am happily saving £500 a year,  oh I forgot that I also had SKY protect another overpriced insurance policy.   

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Rob11 wrote:

@PandJ2020  There is a deluge of SKY compaints on TRUSPILOT where they score a miserable 14/50 or 1.4 out of 5 for customer service.  Most peope think they sign an 18month contract and they pay that price for 18 months and how many think they have to delve into reams of T&C s to trust a company.  

What is the point of a contract that allows them to put up their price, it's unfair!  Plaese do not quote T& C's as I have ditched SKY and am happily saving £500 a year,  oh I forgot that I also had SKY protect another overpriced insurance policy.   

Of course you need to read the T&Cs to understand what you are agreeing to. 

Also its kind of common sense with a thing called inflation, that a company need sto put up its prices at least once a year. The other option is you sign up to a 18 or 24 month contract and they prebake in these prices rises right from Day 1, so your initial contract doesn't look cheap at all. The pre-baked in prices, as they will be a guess will almost certainly be higher than the rise prices now, which are based on actual inflation figures as opposed to a company predicting what inflation may be in 12 or 18 months time to add it to your contract from the start.

This is common practise, in the communications industry, most companies operate in the same way, you sign up to a minimum term contract, during which you may be getting a discount, however once a year the prices will increase.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

I really don't understand how so many adults can enter in to a contract without reading any of the terms and then have the audacity to cry foul when those very terms are adhered to, it really boggles the mind and shows some people should never be allowed to take out any sort of contract.

Ignorance on your part is not the fault of Sky or any provider, take responsibility for your own inaction.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------

I really don't understand how so many adults can enter in to a contract without reading any of the terms and then have the audacity to cry foul when those very terms are adhered to, it really boggles the mind and shows some people should never be allowed to take out any sort of contract.

@davenosky.....so we must assume that everybody reads a few hundred pages of T&C's as we all have hours to spare.  T&C's are only read thoroughly by lawyers on behalf of clients and I would wager that you don't practice what you preach.  (Removed) SKY are not a fair company, they are one of the worst and I hope that the OFT do something about them and other companies who operate unfair practices and contracts that are designed to move the goalposts.

Moderator note: Removed inappropriate comment

@Rob11 wrote:

Are you sure you don't work for SKY 

Aha... It always comes to this, eventually...

Q contract is around 20 pages - it doesn't take that long to read and isn't that complex.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion