Discussion topic: Payment issues

This message was authored by Matt4566 This message was authored by: Matt4566

Payment issues

Is there an issue with Sky taking payments currently? I pay my bill each month via continuous credit card authority and it is payed on the 1st month. I checked the app this morning and the payment hadn't been taken and there is a 'overdue' flag on my account. After contacting CS to query this as I never miss (never have) a payment, the advisor told me there was potentially a fraud block on my card. I've since spoken to my card company (Barclaycard) and they have confirmed no fraud blocks and the merchant (Sky) hasn't requested payment at this stage. So I'm wondering are Sky facing any issues and deflecting on the credit card company. What I want to avoid is a negative impact to my credit file. The advisor suggested I make a manual payment. My only concern here is if I do that then the payment request is presented and I end up paying twice. Matt

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Payment issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Matt4566 wrote:
Is there an issue with Sky taking payments currently? I pay my bill each month via continuous credit card authority and it is payed on the 1st month. I checked the app this morning and the payment hadn't been taken and there is a 'overdue' flag on my account. After contacting CS to query this as I never miss (never have) a payment, the advisor told me there was potentially a fraud block on my card. I've since spoken to my card company (Barclaycard) and they have confirmed no fraud blocks and the merchant (Sky) hasn't requested payment at this stage. So I'm wondering are Sky facing any issues and deflecting on the credit card company. What I want to avoid is a negative impact to my credit file. The advisor suggested I make a manual payment. My only concern here is if I do that then the payment request is presented and I end up paying twice. Matt

Sky will request at the payment at any point on the payment day. I've got a continuous card payment setup and the payments are typically taken in the evening for me.

I wouldn't recommend making a manual payment as that won't stop the automatic payment also being taken today.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion