Discussion topic: Need to remove my debit card details

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Need to remove my debit card details

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Laura49 wrote:

My contract with Sky is finished, my account is paid, 

@Laura49 

Sky seem to be disputing that hence the non return fees being applied. Have you got your proof of posting the equipment back as that will allow this to be sorted quickly? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Laura49 This message was authored by: Laura49

WellI guess i'm just kinda old fashioned then. I thought if someone claimed you owed them money, and you disagreed, the appropriate course of action would be for them to take you to to smalll claims court, not just dip their hands into your account because at one time, you happened to have a contract with  them and they  thought it perfectly ok to store your bank details and help themselves to what ever they want on what ever pretext they chose at any point in the future. Excuse me if I think thats a really dodgy way to run a business. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Daniel0210 wrote:
@Laura49 
Have you got your proof of posting the equipment back as that will allow this to be sorted quickly? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Hi Anonymous...... Sorry, I forgot to say, in my conversation with the bank today I learned that yes..... they do store bank detauils and yes, they can take what ever they want when ever they want on whatever pretext. BUT, although you can't remove your stored bank details from your account, what you can do is order a new debit card. Apparently, the stored bank details also include your card details and, if its a new card, they information they have will be incorrect and they will not be able to take your money. Hope that helps

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Laura49 wrote:

Excuse me if I think thats a really dodgy way to run a business. 

You agreed to allow Sky to use your stored card details for payments which they consider to be due.

You have the ultimate sanction, of course: don't sign up with a company that has this contractual requirement.

lol.... think I've already covered that point. As previpously stated, this is a valuable lesson learned and in future I'll not be allowing any company to store my bank details. 

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@Laura49 wrote:

lol.... think I've already covered that point. As previpously stated, this is a valuable lesson learned and in future I'll not be allowing any company to store my bank details. 

I tend to agree - for one-off purchases it's simple.  However, almost any company requiring regular payments they will store the details for obvious reasons.  (As noted, this will rather limit many services you can sign up to)

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

I realise that and if the only way i can stop my bank details being stored after a contract has expired is to not allow them to be stored in the first place, thats what I'll do. Plus, there are often ways around that anyway. Just as an example, I pay for my netflix with gift vouchers that I purchase from a third party and that way, my bank details are not stored. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion