Discussion topic: Moving out of a property but with nowhere to go

This message was authored by paolo+antonio This message was authored by: paolo+antonio

Moving out of a property but with nowhere to go

Hello,

Last month, I was given notice to leave the property where I'm living on 25th January, but at the time of writing, I have nowhere to go and I may find it difficult to find somewhere to move to (my situation is a bit complicated).  What will happen to my Sky account and equipment and is there anyone I can talk or write to so that i can explain my situation to?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Moving out of a property but with nowhere to go

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

As long as you keep paying your bill then your Sky account will remain open as it is now. To cancel you can only do this if you are not in contract and you have to give Sky 31 days notice for Sky TV and half that for Sky Broadband. Equipment likes Sky Q boxes has to be returned to Sky:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/return-tv-broadband

Make sure you get and keep proof of posting when and iff sending this off.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
paolo+antonio
Topic Author
This message was authored by paolo+antonio This message was authored by: paolo+antonio

Thanks for that.  My intention is for the account to remain open, though the next stage would be what happens to the equipment; box, dish etc when I vacate my property.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

As long as you keep paying the bill then the equipment does not need to be returned to Sky as you would only need to do that if you cancel.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
paolo+antonio
Topic Author

Thanks.  But what about the dish?  Someone would need to take it down!😊

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@paolo+antonio  The dish is your responsibility to do as you wish, Sky won't remove it as it's your property 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@paolo+antonio 

You take a router, any television boxes and any wireless boosters with you.  The dish remains at the address unless you were renting the property and are required to take it down by the terms of your rental contract, in which case it's your responsibility to book an independent contractor to do so and dispose of it as you see fit: Sky won't do that job.  Once you locate a new residence, you book a free Sky 'Home Move' and they install a dish if there isn't one in place already.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion