Discussion topic: Landline charging concerns

This message was authored by Amybutterworth This message was authored by: Amybutterworth

Landline charging concerns

Hello I am in the process of switching from virgin to sky. 22 July is connection date.

I spoke to a couple of people at virgin this morning who told me I must make sure that I tell sky to 'port out ' my landline phone . I asked several times what this means and I still don't fully understand - but it was clear if it is not done I will be charged by both providers for my landline.

I have the sky app and can't see where to submit this query.

I tried to call sky several times and was told they could not help. One advisor gave me an alternative number, but when I called it there was a message that the number I was calling from was not connected to a sky account and then it  cut me off.

I do not  know what to do to make sure this is all done .
Please can anyone help.

if we are charged twice my partner will be furious as he is relying on me to sort this out while he is away. Thank you 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Landline charging concerns

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

What Virgin have told you isn't quite correct.

You do need to tell Sky if you want to keep your Virgin phone number,, but even so that may not be possible.

You'll still need to cancel your phone service with Virgin yourself. It won't be automatically be cancelled as part of your sitch to Sky. If you don't cancel your Virgin service you will indeed end up paying twice.

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-talk/joining-sky-talk/switching-to-sky-talk/articles/switching-to-...

Amybutterworth
Topic Author
This message was authored by Amybutterworth This message was authored by: Amybutterworth

Thank you for your reply. Hopefully I’ve done enough as I have informed virgin by phone and via web chat. I might send a letter just to be sure Thanks
Amybutterworth
Topic Author

I hope sky are good because I'm not sure I can cope with ever switching again 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Well by the time you are due to switch again the "one touch switching" programme set out by OFCOM should be in place by then which will should make it easier to switch between a provider who uses the openreach network and a company like Virgin who use their own infrastructure to provide the broadband service.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion