Discussion topic: Just cancelled UHD and ulta UHD to make my bill cheapet

This message was authored by Denise+V This message was authored by: Denise+V

Just cancelled UHD and ulta UHD to make my bill cheapet

Hi all newbie here 👋🏻

So just today I've phoned up to renew cancel my contract.

It actually ran out at the neginning of June but 1st chance I've had to call up.

Bill was £127, ( was £65 back in March) cheapest they could get it down to was £89 I said we couldn't justify/ afford so I'd like to cancel bit of messing around if I cancelled the UHD and Ultra HD they could onocknit down to £66 I've agreed but do have a 31 day period to change my mind, tv is used a lot! Mainly by kids aging from 17-4 

I've cancelled both UHD and ultra HD is this going to be something I regret, o/h is no help as usual its upto me 🤣

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Just cancelled UHD and ulta UHD to make my bill cheapet

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Denise+V wrote:

is this going to be something I regret, 

Welcome to the forum @Denise+V 

Only you can decide that. If you felt the cost of certain add-ons on your subscription were not value for money or unnecessary then you were right to downgrade. Only you know what you can afford. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Kevin-7248 This message was authored by: Kevin-7248

I’m not sure if you’re aware, but you can manage your sky package for such add on / removal via your Sky app. 

This will let you have rolling monthly contract options to add and remove such packages of cinema sport and whichever else you prefer and possibly have discounts of utilising said packages. 

••••¥¥¥¥•••••¥¥¥;••••••¥¥¥¥
Sky Glass 65”
Sky Fibre 500 WiFi Max
Been a sky customer through the ages from before HD boxes were a thing! When sky was a box you had to wind up to work 
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Denise+V wrote:

I've cancelled both UHD and ultra HD is this going to be something I regret, 

UHD and 'Ultra HD' are the same thing.

If you've actually cancelled UHD and HD then yes, that will be very noticeable because while UHD content is scarce, HD is the most common format and SD scaled up to fill a UHD panel is not particularly great quality.  You'd still receive HD on the free-to-air channels, but not on any Sky-branded service.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion