Discussion topic: Is This Sky Calling?

This message was authored by John_Herts This message was authored by: John_Herts

Is This Sky Calling?

We recently cancelled our Sky TV. We have just received a call from 0800 ****827 ( I'm unable to input the full number, the missing digits are 0987) claiming to be from Sky offering us a cheaper deal. I told him to ring back in a couple of hours which he said he would do but a Google search of the number shows it to be a potential scam number.

Does anybody know if this is a genuine Sky number? Many thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Is This Sky Calling?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It may be listed as a potential scam number simply because those who listed it didn't know, one way or the other. Given the circumstances it's quite possible that it was genuine. Ask the caller how they can show you it's genuine. Of course, it's always wise to be cautious with unsolicited calls.

John_Herts
Topic Author
This message was authored by John_Herts This message was authored by: John_Herts

Thanks Mark. I'm sure it was genuine but just wanted to see if anybody on here knew whether it definitely is a Sky number

This message was authored by Nounun This message was authored by: Nounun

This is not sky calling as I keep getting the call but missing it so I phoned call and asked them and I was told it's not them so avoid giving any further details to them. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nounun wrote:

This is not sky calling as I keep getting the call but missing it so I phoned call and asked them and I was told it's not them so avoid giving any further details to them. 

The front line customer services advisers wouldn't necessarily know.....

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion