Discussion topic: I've only paid half of my sky TV bill today, but will definitely pay the rest with my next month's b

This message was authored by Denny+dee This message was authored by: Denny+dee

I've only paid half of my sky TV bill today, but will definitely pay the rest with my next month's b

I've only paid half my sky TV bill today, but will definitely pay the rest with my next month's TV bill on the 7th August 

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: I've only paid half of my sky TV bill today, but will definitely pay the rest with my next month

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Denny+dee wrote:

I've only paid half my sky TV bill today, but will definitely pay the rest with my next month's TV bill on the 7th August 

Sky do not offer promises to pay.  Your services are likely to be restricted.  (This is usually after 10 days after a scheduled payment or even earlier if you pay manually)

Once restricted they won't be restored until fully paid, a late payment charge may also apply and you may also have to pay the following month in advance to restore it.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: I've only paid half of my sky TV bill today, but will definitely pay the rest with my next month

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Denny+dee 
This is the billing process which applies to us all…

▪️If you have a Direct Debit set up and the payment fails on the normal payment date Sky will automatically attempt it again 10 calendar days later (so DO NOT be tempted to make a manual payment in this period).

After 10 days, if that second attempt also fails Sky may send a text and/or email notifying you that your payment has failed again and you then have a day or two before they restrict your services.

▪️If you have a Continuous Card payment method set up, if the payment fails Sky send the text/email notification about the failed payment and you usually have at best 2/3 days before being restricted. There is no grace period and only 1 attempt is made for a card payment, so if this has failed, you will need to pay manually and then reset the payment method for next month.

Restrictions are an automated process and we’ve been told Customer Service agents can’t stop it… even if you’re told otherwise.

Sky don’t allow payment plans (except on a legitimately closed account) or a promise to pay on or by a certain date.

This link may also provide some advice
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cost-of-living-support

If you are behind with Stream or Glass payments also see the information on this link:
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/missed-payments-sky-glass 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion