Discussion topic: I've not set up or even used this subscription & I've been charged & still am.

This message was authored by Petrenko17 This message was authored by: Petrenko17

I've not set up or even used this subscription & I've been charged & still am.

I've been trying to end these initially FREE subscriptions that sky offered me a couple months back. I've not even set anything up or even used a single thing included with these subscriptions & have been looking for a way of cancelling & being refunded the ridiculous 29.99 for LITERALLY NOTHING as I didn't even begin to use any of it. They're still attempting to take payments even though they should clearly be able to see NOTHING has or had been touched. I'm nervous they're gonna try & charge me instead of refund me so I need advice. I certainly did not sign off on an UNUSED subscription costing 29.99! I feel scammed. 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: I've not set up or even used this subscription & I've been charged & still am.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Petrenko17 
You need to contact Sky and give them 31 days notice to cancel this, so you can either call or use the messaging service to do this.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv

Select "Yes, I still need help" at the bottom of the page.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: I've not set up or even used this subscription & I've been charged & still am.

@Petrenko17 wrote:

I've been trying to end these initially FREE subscriptions that sky offered me a couple months back. 

Which Sky service is the free subscription for?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Petrenko17 

There is no scam. You've obviously agreed to the free offers and even though you might not have used them the onus is on you to cancel them if you don't want to continue with them. You'll have to give 31 days notice so will probably be billed again before it's cancelled. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Its like a free trial with any service, you agree to be billed at the normal rate after the free trial, regardless of if you have actually used the service. The onus is always on the customer to cancel during the free trial to ensure they are not charged once the trial as elasped

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Petrenko17
Topic Author
This message was authored by Petrenko17 This message was authored by: Petrenko17

I've called 3 times now and spoken to various representatives they've agreed over 3 weeks ago I'd get my refund as I never received any equipment or set up the subscription. I've waited and waited and waited and they keep telling me 3-5 working days but yet again another 5 days has passed and nothing. 
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Petrenko17  But have you cancelled?>  Have you received confirmtion from Sky that you have cancelled?

You've not said which services you signed up for on this free trial.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion