Discussion topic: I've had phone calls on my mobile from 0800 no saying they are from sky. True or skam?

This message was authored by Maryellan This message was authored by: Maryellan

I've had phone calls on my mobile from 0800 no saying they are from sky. True or skam?

I have had two phone calls on my mobile phone from an  0800 no. purporting to be from Sky. 

• Is this genuine or is it a scam? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: I've had phone calls on my mobile from 0800 no saying they are from sky. True or skam?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

We have no way of knowing @Maryellan Have they given the reason for the call? Were you expecting a call from Sky? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: I've had phone calls on my mobile from 0800 no saying they are from sky. True or skam?

All we can say is they may be from Sky.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

We have no way of knowing @Maryellan Have they given the reason for the call? Were you expecting a call from Sky? 

Sky customer since 2001
Maryellan
Topic Author
This message was authored by Maryellan This message was authored by: Maryellan

Yesterday she said it was to discuss my Sky account. I was off to work so had no time to talk and told her to ring back today. 

Same no. phoned today but hung up when I answered. I have the full number but it won't let me post it here. 

I've just changed my package and it is all sorted. 

So many skammers about these days just being cautious. I could block the number, but don't want to if it is legit. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Maryellan 

As stated we can't be sure.It may be Sky. It may be Sky Protect trying to sell you insurance cover (although they are basically Domestic and General they say they're Sky), or it could be a scam and they've spoofed the number.

Sky customer since 2001

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion