Discussion topic: Payment

This message was authored by CourtneyPaigee This message was authored by: CourtneyPaigee

Payment

Hi. So I didn't have enough money in my bank where my direct debit has come up but I have paid my bill today of £24.17. Your still trying to take money from my direct debit and it's still saying on my sky app it hasn't been paid but I paid it this morning. I do not want to be cut off can you please help. Thankyou

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Payment

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CourtneyPaigee If you have a continuous payment method setup you should never need to make a manual payment as it won’t stop the automatic payment process if you make the manual payment 4 days before payment due date as the payment request has already been submitted

you need to let sky take payment as normal because your payment has been applied to next month's bill not the bill that is due to be paid now

You can now either leave the overpayment on your account as credit to use against a future bill or contact Sky and request a refund which will take 3-5 working days to complete

For future reference if you want to make a manual payment to prevent the automatic payment being taken you need to make sure that the total bill amount is showing as credit on your Sky account 4 working days before your payment due date

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
CourtneyPaigee
Topic Author
This message was authored by CourtneyPaigee This message was authored by: CourtneyPaigee

That's not the question I asked. 

what I asked was seen as I've made a manual payment will it take it off this months bill that's due? And does anyone know how I can speak to them on live chat.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@CourtneyPaigee  The payment won't come off this months bill, this is because your manual payment has been applied as credit to next months bill 

you need to allow the direct debit to be taken in order to pay this month's bill 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@CourtneyPaigee wrote:

what I asked was seen as I've made a manual payment will it take it off this months bill that's due? 

No. It will expect payment to be made by the direct debit you have in place. Manual payments aren't necessary unless Sky specifically request one.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion