Discussion topic: I’ve cancelled all my sky package in August and they still want payment from Sept to oct

This message was authored by Barney6 This message was authored by: Barney6

I’ve cancelled all my sky package in August and they still want payment from Sept to oct

I phoned to cancel my sky package 20th August , I paid the August bill , first they said my internet would go off on 3rd September now it's the 10th and my tv will be stopped 20th we will have a new broadband provider next week and have got free sat . I can't understand why they have asked me to pay from 10th September to 9th October , which I have but hope I get a refund 

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: I’ve cancelled all my sky package in August and they still want payment from Sept to oct

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Barney6 Have you got emails confirming you have cancelled your services? All cancellations are officially confirmed by email without this the service was not cancelled

If yes please note you have to give the relevant notice period to cancel (31 days for tv / 14 days for broadband) and billing continues as normal right upto and including last day of notice period and must be paid, any overpayment for days beyond termination date will be refunded within six weeks of termination date or you can call sky and they will refund within 3-5 working days once the credit is showing on your sky account

So are you saying that even when the above is taken into account you are still being charged for the service beyond your notice period termination date, if you are post back and we may be able to get you some help

If you have not received email confirmation then you will need to contact Sky cancellation team again I’m afraid

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv#contact-leave#M1014

If in ROI make sure the flag in bottom right hand corner is set to ROI and refresh the page before selecting an option

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
Barney6
Topic Author

Re: I’ve cancelled all my sky package in August and they still want payment from Sept to oct

Hi , yes I have a cancellation email for sky tv, broadband and talk , the broadband will be switched of on the 10th but still being charged from 10th September  to 9th October which I can't understand as I won't be using it . I received cancellation emails on 20th August 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Barney6 wrote:

first they said my internet would go off on 3rd September now it's the 10th and my tv will be stopped 20th

Bills are created 14 days in advance so the bill for 10th September would have been created on the 27th August so when you were still  customer.

Once you have left you should see a credit on your bill for the overpayment as it is this that can then be refunded and help on getting the refund can be arranged for you via here once you see this credit.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Barney6
Topic Author

I cancelled my direct debit but paid last bill with my debit card , I'm worried about re I stating direct debit incase they take even more money out , will I have to do that for a refund though ? I'm worried 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

As long as there is a payment method on the account then any credit can be refunded otherwise a cheque would have to be sent out and that can takes a go few weeks to be issued.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion