Discussion topic: I only watch sky sports and have to pay a lot, I am 82 years old and can not afford to keep paying £

This message was authored by cam2398 This message was authored by: cam2398

I only watch sky sports and have to pay a lot, I am 82 years old and can not afford to keep paying £

I can not afford to keep paying £134 a month I only us sky tv to watch the sports I don't use sky one etc and don't need it, I am 82 and only have a state pension I am bed ridden can you help to reduce my bill

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: I only watch sky sports and have to pay a lot, I am 82 years old and can not afford to keep payi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@cam2398 could a minimum term discount have ended? you would have been told at signup when this would end, sky don't currently send reminders

you would need to contact sky and negotiate lower price, if you receive an offer you find acceptable you must accept it there and then as you wont get the same offer next time you call, in return you will need to commit to a new 18 month minimum term contract

this link may also help

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/been-overcharged-bwm-t1#M1014

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: I only watch sky sports and have to pay a lot, I am 82 years old and can not afford to keep payi

@cam2398 wrote:

...can you help to reduce my bill

Nobody here can, I'm afraid,  as we're customers.

You have to have the base package as a minimum before you can add premium channels like Sky Sports. But you should be able to keep Sky Sports and pay a lot less than you're currently paying. It means speaking directly to Sky to negotiate a deal with them. It will be subject to an 18 months minimum.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@cam2398 

Realistically Sky is a premium television service and Sports are a premium add-on.  It's not possible to view Sports channels without a baseline bundle, so about £60 pcm is typically the minimum possible.  If you're after full PL coverage that requires BT Sport and Prime Video too, so more like £100.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@cam2398 wrote:

I can not afford to keep paying £134 a month I only us sky tv to watch the sports I don't use sky one etc and don't need it, I am 82 and only have a state pension I am bed ridden can you help to reduce my bill

@cam2398  

£134 is really far too much. If all you need is Sky Sports + Sky signature (required ) you should only be paying £56 and that's without discount (you could take around £20 off that if you negotiate hard).

Of course if you have other Sky products such as broadband, mobile and TV extras such as Cinema, Multiroom and BT sports the price will be much higher.

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion