Discussion topic: I am being overcharged on my bill.

This message was authored by Aidan600 This message was authored by: Aidan600

I am being overcharged on my bill.

I am being overcharged on sky bill, my most recent bill was over £72. When I agreed to a £33 a month sky tv and Broadband deal, I have recently added sky sports what is an extra £18 a month so I would to know were the extra £20 is coming from. As I have no communication saying what my next bill will be. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: I am being overcharged on my bill.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Aidan600 

It could include an admin charge for adding Sky Sports. Admin charges are usually added to discounted deals (new or on renewal), and it’s normally £10 per discount. If you haven’t already check future bills and see if the charges have been credited back. Otherwise if you negotiated the deal on the phone and these admin charge(s) weren’t mentioned you need to call Sky again. They should be able to listen back on your original call and if they weren’t mentioned they will hopefully cancel them.

Otherwise a discount may have ended.You would have been told the date the discounted deal was ending when you originally took it out. If you haven’t already you should compare a previous bill to your latest bill and see where the amounts differ.
If your discount has ended you will need to contact Sky to try to negotiate a new deal which will require another minimum term contract. Sky are not obliged to offer you another discount but if you sort something out to your satisfaction make a note of the date it’s ending.

You can either call Sky or use the following link https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv#contact-leave

This link https://www.sky.com/help/articles/been-overcharged may also help.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Aidan600 wrote:

so I would to know were the extra £20 is coming from. 

It sounds like it might be an Admin charge so what does your online bill here show:

https://www.sky.com/manage/bill/

If you were not informed of this charge then you are free to challange it with Sky who might apply a credit to your account to cover it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Lou58 This message was authored by: Lou58

I have the same problem as this a year later. Overcharged massively, they agreed to apply a credit to the bills and then never did.

This message was authored by victoria74 This message was authored by: victoria74

I'm a new customer promised one thing and have been overcharged. I contacted sky as soon as I received an email advising first payment was wrong, they agreed it was incorrect and that my first payment would be £20 less. Yet today the money had been taken! I'm appalled by this company.. I'm so fed up with them that I would like to leave as they have not honoured the agreement and I have spent over two hours on calls trying to get things resolved. 
plus no access to VIP abd still can't access my account. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@victoria74 

As bills are generated 2 weeks before the payment date have you checked future bills to see if it has been rectified/credited back there? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Regarding your first bill, sometimes it will be more as it might be covering a longer period than the usual 4 weeks so have you checked to see what period it covers ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by victoria74 This message was authored by: victoria74

Thank you yes this was checked and they have overcharged me. I was assured of a lesser payment but have been greatly let down. Sadly reading reviews it's clear I'm not alone!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion