Discussion topic: “Free” Sky Glass TV

This message was authored by Sean1963 This message was authored by: Sean1963

“Free” Sky Glass TV

I upgraded to Sky Glass and was told on several occasions during the course of the phone conversation by the Sky employee that I was going to receive a Sky Glass TV absolutely free for taking the package. I now have discovered that I am paying for this TV with a £14 payment plan every month for 3 years. I was not told about this charge and was clearly led to believe that this was a gift and had no cost attached. What can I do here to get my payments back?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: “Free” Sky Glass TV

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

All you can do is to register a complaint giving the date and time(s) you spoke to Sky so if needs be someone can listen to what was said to you:

https://www.sky.com/help/complaints

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Sean1963 This is highly unlikely of sky

to offer a free tv

how were you told verbally face to face or over the phone 

the only thing you can do is raise a formal complaint giving full details of the conversation and date and times especially phone calls as sky can listen back if necessary 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Sean1963 wrote:

I now have discovered that I am paying for this TV with a £14 payment plan every month for 3 years.

The credit term for Glass is either two or four years: at £14 pcm it takes 48 months to pay for a 43" set.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion