Discussion topic: Email from sky to say I've won £500.00

This message was authored by NicolaAT This message was authored by: NicolaAT

Email from sky to say I've won £500.00

I recieved an email froimn Sky to say I had won £500 on super six comp, I was coincerned as they were asking for personal data, I emailed back and had thsi reply below, is this a genuine or fake email?

Thanks for your E-mail.

I can confirm that this is a genuine email. We have recently been contacting customer who have yet to claim their winnings from Super 6 so congratulations.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Nicki
Customer Care Team

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Email from sky to say I've won £500.00

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It reads as a legit email to me so the question has to be asked, do you enter Super 6, if so then it does appear you are a winner so congrats.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

"We have been contacting customer" not "We have been contacting customers". 

Did the email refer to you by name or dear customer? If not by name then it's most likely a scam.

If they're asking for bank details &/or card details then it's most likely a scam.
If you hover your mouse over any links & the senders name do these point to a genuine email/web address?

Virginia.
I don’t work for Sky.
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@NicolaAT wrote:

I recieved an email froimn Sky to say I had won £500 on super six comp, I was coincerned as they were asking for personal data, I emailed back and had thsi reply below, is this a genuine or fake email?

Who did you email? If you replied to the email which was sent to you and it was sent by a scammer, it would be unsurprising if they confirmed it was genuine.

I'd suggest caution.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion