Discussion topic: Contract issues

This message was authored by Georgina4 This message was authored by: Georgina4

Contract issues

Hi,

Not sure how to go about this but I got zero help over the phone so may as well try! I started my contract in Dec 22. Was told over the phone that it would be 18 months. When I review the pdf contract under 'my messages', it says the same thing - 18 months, which would make it June/July time that it's supposed to end. 

Upon logging into My Sky the other day, this message appeared, saying 'Your Sky Broadband contract has ended'.

IMG_1715.jpeg

I understand that in a few months they're going to want to showcase these deals to me. But as far as I’m aware, my contract has not already ended? Hopefully it's just an error, but I’m not sure if there's something I’m missing/not understanding here. The agent I spoke to more or less just said 'no idea, sorry'. Any help would be appreciated, thanks 🙂

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Contract issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Has your subscription price increased? If your contract has ended, you'll see an increase in your monthly payment.

Georgina4
Topic Author

Hiya, 

Yes, I recently received an email about a price increase, but this won't come into force until April; I was assured over the phone that this was a general increase for everyone, which is how it's framed in the email. In terms of my month-to-month price at the moment (and until April), it's the same as it always has been. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Georgina4 wrote:

Yes, I recently received an email about a price increase, but this won't come into force until April; I was assured over the phone that this was a general increase for everyone, which is how it's framed in the email. In terms of my month-to-month price at the moment (and until April), it's the same as it always has been. 

Yes, the general increase is from April and wouldn't be the reason for the message about your contract ending. As your subscription price remains the same until April, it looks like your contract isn't ending, so that message looks to me to be an error.

Georgina4
Topic Author

That's what I was hoping! Thank you 🙂 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion