Discussion topic: Compensation to being deducted

This message was authored by Eileen89 This message was authored by: Eileen89

Compensation to being deducted

I rang saying I cant afford £90+ for sky signature, netflix, broadband and multi room. The woman told me she had a deal on netflix but failed to tell me she was changing it to include adverts. I rang back withing 30mins. It was investigated and I was offered £100 compensation to be deducted over the next 12months. I havent had any of this and I was also charged administration fees twice due to there error. Fuming isn't the word for it. My dad's house also in my name had no landline for over a month and not much Internet due to them messing up in the first place haven't had any type of compensation for this. They are a vulnerable house as his wife has stage 4 cancer. This is disgraceful. All deals are aimed at new customers but they can't offer anything for 1 account that has been with them for 24 years and another thats been with them for 5 years. It's a disgrace and when I can I will be leaving from both addresses and it's not on. No loyalty for the people who have shown them loyalty.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Compensation to being deducted

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

You might wish to make a formal complaint: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

It sounds as though you have been put on Netflix's basic plan which contains adverts.

If you have been compensation then it will be added to your account as a credit so have you looked into this to see if you see it.

Regarding your Dad's home, what have Sky said about this ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Eileen89 

It's inadvisable to combine the two issues.  Recompense for poor advice is entirely voluntary in the part of the vendor, while compensation for failed broadband/telephony is mandatory under a scheme overseen by Ofcom.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Eileen89 wrote:
I was offered £100 compensation to be deducted over the next 12months. 

Incidentally that's almost certainly an in-contract discount, not 'compensation', and referring to it as such confuses things.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion