Discussion topic: Charges for cancelling contract

This message was authored by skyqkid This message was authored by: skyqkid

Charges for cancelling contract

Thinking for some time of cancelling my Sky TV, Broadband and Talk. Although the package has been discounted in contract.

The contract expires in November, so giving Sky notice now to cancel the package as its a big expence for us each month.

Can the charges be worked out online for cancellation or do I have to contact Sky to find the charges where still have some 4mths to the end of current contract.

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Charges for cancelling contract

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@skyqkid  See

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/charges-for-ending-your-sky-contract-early

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Just to point out @skyqkid that Sky are within their rights to not allow you to cancel as you would be breaking your contract that you had agreed to.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@caesarome wrote:

Just to point out @skyqkid that Sky are within their rights to not allow you to cancel as you would be breaking your contract that you had agreed to.

@skyqkid  The above is covered in the link as below 

For Sky TV/Sky Q, HD, Sky+, Sky Multiscreen, Sky Q experience and Streaming TV (Sky Glass or Sky Stream): To end your contract, you’ll need to give us at least 31 days’ notice, which can’t end before your minimum term finishes. The early termination charges below are only payable if we end the relevant TV contract within your minimum term because you’ve breached your terms and conditions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion